Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Quote: He loves the eggs from the farmers market, and is so excited "We won't need to buy eggs soon!!!" He's not the only one, I'm sick of spending the price I do for the eggs and he refuses to eat the "plain" eggs from the store.
Quote: It's a harness for a teacup size dog, I know it sounds weird but we're leash and harness training some of the "true pet" birds for some of the 4H events, well trying to at least.
Quote: They're around that age. I got them at TSC and the manager told me they were anywhere from a week to two weeks old as they don't sell as fast as the brown eggers and bantams.

Now some of you may remember I said a few weeks ago about having a snake in the attic. Good news: Shot a 4 ft black snake hanging out of the house where some soffiting fell during a windstorm/thunderstorm. Bad news: There are at least 2 more that were too far inside for me to shoot without worrying about them dying in the attic/insulation. I thought there was only ONE!!! I'm so freaked out right now
hide.gif
. Flipping snakes!!!
sickbyc.gif

I like snakes around the house as long as they are not near any chicks. Less mice to worry about with snakes around. I take anywhere from 3-7 out of our well pit every spring, by hand. If you need help with snakes, I might be able to help..

I'm not sure, but our cattle feed we get from the mill comes in those kinds of bags. Are they white? We either burn them or put them in the trash. I could send one to you. Sorry i don't know how to post pictures.

I've seen all colors really, it's a kind of woven plastic type bag, if it has images or look like would make a neat bag I'm interested! ^^

Was just wondering what everyone who went to the Sharpsburg Swap brought home? New birds? Etc?

I brought home all my Blue, Black, Splash & Chocolate Orps and half the ducklings. Even after finally giving them away at the end (buy two, get one free). I traded my MFC roo Byron for a new MFC cockerel. Otherwise, I did not buy any new birds. I bought soap and lotion from Allison (Maggie Mag's) and that's it.

I brought home nothing. I was looking for nothing in particular. It was fun to get away for a day!

You didn't stop to see me?!

I brought home 2 2week old pied scovie ducklings that come from a chocolate mom, and 1 1day old and 1 2day old French White Scovie ducklings who have been named Frenchie and Rizzo. We had 8 yo dgs with us so we stopped at Antietam. Frenchie and Rizzo got to go for walks (ok, they got held they are TINY) and lots of people commented on them.
Sorry we missed you.
I was tempted...as they didn't have any actual chocolate scovies.....but then I saw the 1 day old...and my heart was taken.

And you didn't stop to see me either?!

I did see Kiomey, but I didn't realize it was you... Or I would have stopped.

Quote:
I am Leary of shipping birds.. I have never had even eggs shipped to me.. Not sure why just never have.......
I ship all the time & have several people get 100% hatches from my eggs, especially my quail & pekin ducks. Everyone else usually has better hatches than I do myself. Probably because I ship the freshest eggs & set the old ones myself.

Anyone interested in a large fowl black cochin hen. She iist turned a year and is constantly broody. She hatched and raised a set of chicks for me beautifully but I'm not going to he hatching this year or next year. She isn't going to be happy until she has some chicks. Pm me if interested. I'm near harrisburg pa.
I have a guy who has been calling me every so often looking for LF cochin hens to hatch pea eggs for him. PM me if she's still available & I will give you his number.

Quote: I have a TON. See below for list!

I like snakes around the house as long as they are not near any chicks. Less mice to worry about with snakes around. I take anywhere from 3-7 out of our well pit every spring, by hand. If you need help with snakes, I might be able to help..
You can come fish a couple out of my upstairs. Since all of the walls & ceilings are out due to remodeling right now they shouldn't be too overly hard to locate & remove. JJ is scared to death of them & I'm not overly fond of them but won't deliberately go pick up a big 1. The little garters my cat keeps bringing me as "gifts" are plenty to deal with & usually get picked up by the end of the tail & tossed into the coop for a game of chicken football until my favorite hen swallows them whole.

Hatchery's in Western PA? Or suggestions on trusted sites that ship?
I'm just over an hour south west of Pittsburgh & always hatching SOMETHING. I get people that drive here from Washington & Pittsburgh area a couple times a week to get birds.

Quote: I have a ton of nutrena bags & even more of the plain white mill bags. I think I may even have some sweet mix bags with horses on them left & a couple layer crumbles bags with pix. PM me if interested. I could use a couple totes.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom