Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hello everyone. Longtime chicken owner in Southeastern PA.

Currently looking to relocate from this area to a more affordable part of the state. What I'm coming up against in multiple areas are township ordinances prohibiting "farm animals" - even on sizable lots. Or if animals are permitted, the amount of hoops, regulations and and fees seem more like an attempt to thwart keeping chickens rather than encourage the practice.

Anyone know of affordable, chicken friendly communities in the state that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks!

Hello People in Lackawanna County & nearby areas. Does anyone know of any Silkie Hens for sale? I have a lonely Roo who needs some ladies Any colors but no NN
I was hoping to get 1 or 2 at the fair but who knows if that is happening this year 😒

Give a SHOUT!!
ya.gif

list
----------
Tonini3059
Scoop
Howipinchapenny
SunAngel
ChickyLuara
Kbarret
dirtybug
Whenchickensdream
Cjexotic
Buugette
Bwhite28
Azulegg
19hhbelgian
Jennh
Joerobscatfarm
Redsullivan
Gallorojo
QuailHollowP&P
RhodeRunner
QuailQT
Azuiechicken
Captianmoose
Bantam Bodon
Lovemyfeatheredfriends
Brandibaby23
1/2DozenWings
Happymedium
FLF
Chaugg
Murano Farms
Jeni51
Stina
Zaylinda
Duckncover
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
LoribelleF

Hello everyone. Longtime chicken owner in Southeastern PA.

Currently looking to relocate from this area to a more affordable part of the state. What I'm coming up against in multiple areas are township ordinances prohibiting "farm animals" - even on sizable lots. Or if animals are permitted, the amount of hoops, regulations and and fees seem more like an attempt to thwart keeping chickens rather than encourage the practice.

Anyone know of affordable, chicken friendly communities in the state that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Thanks!
Hello QuietClucker. I live in Westmoreland Co., Ligonier Twp. I dont know if the cost of living is any less than on your side of the state but we are allowed to have chickens as long as they are kept off others property and out of the road. My girls are kept confined as are my neighbors and a friends due to frequent hawk and other attacks. We are located next to a mountain so we get a wide variety. Would love to have a fellow chicken momma in our area. Good luck with your search.

Cate laid an egg! A for real honest egg that didn't shatter in my hand or break when she laid it! Not too shabby, girl! So, my 6 year old Mabel lays about every 3-4 days, 5 year old Cate every other month, maybe, 4 year old Jaebels every other day - sometimes more, 2 year old Shirley about the same, and Laverne is on maternity leave. That is keeping us in eggs but not excessively so.

Back
Top Bottom