Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Did anyone see this? It looks so cool!
141B0223-DB1C-486A-9B12-63F01EC59CDC.jpeg

Did anyone see this? It looks so cool!
View attachment 2395066
Boy that does look good! May do something for Chris, he has been going through dessert withdrawals since we closed down camp and I am back on my regular work schedule (alternating 48 hr week and 72 hr week). Made him cupcakes Friday and he ate 4 between home from work and bedtime, lol.
I got the custom silkie sweater done. They picked a great color for it :) I doubled up the fleece because it was that thinner fleece and used interfacing on the cotton fabric so the wind isn't going to blow through it.

View attachment 2395071View attachment 2395072View attachment 2395073
:bow:bow:love
That is amazing, so cool and impressive you can do that. I can hand sew, but me + sewing machine=disaster, lol

https://apple.news/Aox3d1G7FR3CiXOUnQx36Lg

Here’s the recipe if links annoy you.

1 small sugar pumpkin (3 to 4 pounds)

1 cup all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 stick unsalted butter, cut into pieces

1 cup packed light brown sugar

1/4 cup water

3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

2 large eggs, lightly beaten

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 tablespoon scotch or bourbon (optional)

For the Butterscotch Sauce:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter

3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Pinch of salt

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

2 teaspoons scotch or bourbon (optional)

Vanilla ice cream, for serving

Directions
  1. Make the cake: Preheat the oven to 350Ëš F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut off the top one-quarter of the pumpkin; reserve. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon and scrape the inside clean. Place the pumpkin on the prepared baking sheet.
  2. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl. Combine the butter, brown sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring, until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, 3 minutes. Whisk in the chocolate until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; whisk in the eggs, vanilla and scotch until smooth, then whisk in the flour mixture until combined.
  3. Pour the batter into the pumpkin, filling it about three-quarters of the way. Add the pumpkin top to the baking sheet, if desired (don’t put it on top of the pumpkin). Bake until the cake is browned and rises slightly out of the opening of the pumpkin, about 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 300˚ F and continue baking until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 more minutes. Let cool 3 to 4 hours before slicing.
  4. Meanwhile, make the butterscotch sauce: Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cook, stirring, until melted and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the heavy cream and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, salt, vanilla and scotch. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool slightly.
  5. Slice the cake into wedges, cutting through the pumpkin. Serve with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with the butterscotch sauce.
Cook’s Note
We used a small sugar pumpkin for this cake. Try to get a little bit of pumpkin with each bite — it offsets the sweetness of the cake and toppings.

Back
Top Bottom