Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I’ve been outside a lot yesterday and this morning, and geese are one thing I have not seen or heard. The lone goose that just flew over is a poor flyer, so I’m going with a pet instead of an injured bird.

Speaking of geese, how are your goslings doing Dennis? I’m Very curious how they’re getting on.
The first 2 female Pilgrims are 5 weeks old now and have been in a wire bottom pen outside for about 2 weeks. They sure grow fast. They did not seem especially tame, but now they see me as the person that brings them grass and will probably eat out of my hand soon.
The next 2 hatches went to Sand Hill, first 5, then 6 goslings and all made it fine. I think he should have 9 females and 2 males, an excellent sized breeding group, assuming they all survive. There are 3 more eggs due to hatch tomorrow, I am keeping any of those goslings.
IDK how large a group of geese I want. They can eat a lot and goslings are not hot sellers, at least compared to chicks. Still sort of playing with the ideas now.

I'm hoping that if it's going to storm, it does it today and gets it done and over with, at least here. I'm mowing for the next two weeks at work and there's nothing more boring than a rainy day at work when you're scheduled to mow lol

Do I write a novel, or keep it short? Hmmm.
(Short version it is!)
My mowers and trimmers are all currently in working order. As of a few days ago, I had the grass tamed, but not uniform. Today I used the riding mower, and mowed the front, and parts of the sides and back. I had to stop due to pain. I gave up on the rain, and watered my rose trees, tomatoes and flowers. I also washed grass off of things.
A7A9321C-8FF0-4185-BD79-6B7438DAB679.jpeg
My glider is; sanded, resealed, has new chains and is on pavers. My steps are new. I was going to seal them tomorrow after the expected rain. Now there’s a grass stain on one. Anyone know how to remove it?
96DE3A66-6A6A-4FCC-9007-F5EF0085A76D.jpeg
For all of the storms, my trees have stood strong. Last evening, someone went to remove a dead section of my diseased plum tree, and they said it just fell. Not the whole thing. Just the part that kept getting in the way while mowing. I paid a landscaper to remove it years ago, but they forgot it, then stopped coming to this town (too far) before doing it. When life settles down, I will worry about it again.
6AAA7EEC-4FF7-4BBF-B65E-0E82772AE95B.jpeg

It came out last evening (Dawn and bleach), and I put the seal on it this afternoon. I actually wondered about a pressure washer yesterday. I should have one, but relatives have sticky fingers.

Back
Top Bottom