Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Thanks! I'll check them out and see if they have room to take him. He's a good enough bird, not aggressive or overly noisy, but is wary of people getting too close. He's just starting to crow more in the mornings so not sure how much longer the neighbors will tolerate him.
I have a Facebook page that has rooster rehoming information featured at the top It's called poultry Southeastern PA and West NJ

Screenshot_20220929-110912.png

Good morning everyone! Today is Apple Cider Fest at Prince Gallitzin State Park! I'm hoping it won't be raining much... I'll be walking around all day checking garbage cans and bathrooms. If you're planning to go, you may want to bring a 4wd vehicle if at all possible! We got the fields that everyone parks in all cut, cleaned up and ready for the weekend and everything was dry and looking good the other day. We had to let the bus company know if we would need shuttle services by early Thursday morning and things were looking ok rain wise. By Thursday afternoon, the forecast changed and the fields are now WET. We avoid even mowing them if they're wet so I forsee a few people spending the day with work trucks and chains, pulling people out all day today :/

Good morning everyone! Today is Apple Cider Fest at Prince Gallitzin State Park! I'm hoping it won't be raining much... I'll be walking around all day checking garbage cans and bathrooms. If you're planning to go, you may want to bring a 4wd vehicle if at all possible! We got the fields that everyone parks in all cut, cleaned up and ready for the weekend and everything was dry and looking good the other day. We had to let the bus company know if we would need shuttle services by early Thursday morning and things were looking ok rain wise. By Thursday afternoon, the forecast changed and the fields are now WET. We avoid even mowing them if they're wet so I forsee a few people spending the day with work trucks and chains, pulling people out all day today :/
Hopefully it will not be too horrible in the parking field. Hope it is a good day!

Hopefully it will not be too horrible in the parking field. Hope it is a good day!

There are some massive ruts in the fields now. Several people had to be pulled out and I saw others just working together to push cars out. It was chilly and rainy for a while but it got better after lunch. I'm done for the day but the next day or two will be cleanup :/

Day ended up beautiful! We went over to my sister's to teach her and BIL how to butcher. They got chickens a few years ago and I had been taking care of the occasional bad roo but they had 3 to go and BIL is interested in doing meat birds so it was time for them to learn the basics. We took 2 to add to the practice.
Was fun for everyone but the roos. We had 8 dogs there, an 11 week old and a 16 week pup, a 15 month and a puppy like 2 yr old kept things lively.
The butchering process was pretty smooth and both sis and BIL got hands on so they will be able to handle the occasional roo on their own now and should be good for meat birds in the spring.

Found this snake basking in the middle of the road yesterday. Initially passed it and wondered if it was alive so turned around to check. Found it very alive, and very grumpy about me wanting to help, lol. I believe it is a brown rat snake, about 4.5 to 5 ft long and as big around as my forearm.
I didn't want to let it get squashed by traffic, a lot of folks seem to go out of their way to kill snakes but they are needed in the ecosystem and are helpful for most farms as long as you can keep them out of nest box areas.

Back
Top Bottom