Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Uniontown Swap this Sunday. Who all is going?
Facebook link. please check it out and like it....
https://www.facebook.com/utownpoultry?sk=wall
wee.gif
D.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif

I've been to it in the past and was shocked at the awesome turnout they get. It really is worth the drive. I traveled almost 2.5 hours to get there. If I wasn't on vaca, I'd go. Have fun!

Need to unload some chicks I am overrun with them, many to choose from,,,some pure, some mixed. ages from just hatched to about 4 weeks, will offer good deals to fellow bycer's.....

Example;
barred rock-hatched july 16
bearded silkies-hatched july 20
blue splash cochin-hatched august2
many mixed bantams- hatched august8

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the thoughts and good wishes for my littles. Surgery went well and we are hopeful! I was ver relieved that her pressure was down in both eyes. So if nothing else. she is no longer in pain. It is so weird to me to see her now with 2 brown eyes!!!

My oldest three and hubby took such good care of my birds while I was gone. I am so thankful for them!!

ok ok here are a few pics of my princesses!!!

Cinderella(black) Snow White and Princess frog (Buff)

Tinkerbell (Red Frizzle)

My Silkie/Cochin mix in the front that i wanna get rid of (Frizzle as my daughter calls her)

BooBoo My blue rooster ( my daughter calls them Band-aid chickens so we named a rooster boo) the 2 white hens Ariel and Clover Flower, and white rooster Aladdin.. yes almost all of them but here is an idea of what i have.. Love them all soo much!!
NIce cochins brownie! Thanks for sharing them with us!

LOL, yes, this is what happens when you allow the kids to name them!
Someone asked me the names of all my chickens. There are 31! Plus Duck and the ducklings.
So here goes: Dinner, Chica, Splash, Wynonna, Bleu, Road Runner, Twindiot (or Boy), that one, that one, that one, you, you, you, red, red, red, move, move, move, I said move!, no not you, no not you either, if you want some come get it, no it's inside the fence, you're an idiot, look it's a wellie, the other wellie, if I catch you, Stop it!, we need to name you, and Baby Chick. None of the ducklings have names, as the 6 yo wanted to name them all princess.

LOVE this!!!

We have stopped naming ours until we know for sure they are staying. We used to name eery little chick and then get attached to them all. Now the new rule is leg band = name. Once I band them, they are staying.

I gave up on letting the kids name them...they boys wanted to name them names from their video games that I could never remember...and the miss wants to give them all girl names...and with my luck...we keep ending up with roos!

Glad her pressure is down! Keep us (or at least me) up to date on her progress.

Got a question!!!!
I have a hen that was broody so I decided to let her keep her and the other hens eggs to hatch. It has been 6 days now with 12 eggs now in the coop. all moved around but now she hardly ever sits on them. should I just let her go and see what happens in 21 days or should I bring them in to incubate them?
barnie.gif

Got a question!!!!
I have a hen that was broody so I decided to let her keep her and the other hens eggs to hatch. It has been 6 days now with 12 eggs now in the coop. all moved around but now she hardly ever sits on them. should I just let her go and see what happens in 21 days or should I bring them in to incubate them?
barnie.gif

Have you candled them?

I would say this depends on if you WANT a broody or the chicks. Right now, I don't want any more chicks, so we are grabbing up eggs as fast as they can lay them. Of course, that hasn't stopped one of my girls from sitting on nothing at all. She is SO getting a bath tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom