Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

2. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    I've been to it in the past and was shocked at the awesome turnout they get. It really is worth the drive. I traveled almost 2.5 hours to get there. If I wasn't on vaca, I'd go. Have fun!

3. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    we are, but then, not often we miss, been going for about 25 or 30 years [​IMG]

4. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Need to unload some chicks I am overrun with them, many to choose from,,,some pure, some mixed. ages from just hatched to about 4 weeks, will offer good deals to fellow bycer's.....

Example;
    barred rock-hatched july 16
    bearded silkies-hatched july 20
    blue splash cochin-hatched august2
    many mixed bantams- hatched august8

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  5. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Thanks for all of the thoughts and good wishes for my littles. Surgery went well and we are hopeful! I was ver relieved that her pressure was down in both eyes. So if nothing else. she is no longer in pain. It is so weird to me to see her now with 2 brown eyes!!!

My oldest three and hubby took such good care of my birds while I was gone. I am so thankful for them!!

6. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    NIce cochins brownie! Thanks for sharing them with us!

7. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    LOVE this!!!

We have stopped naming ours until we know for sure they are staying. We used to name eery little chick and then get attached to them all. Now the new rule is leg band = name. Once I band them, they are staying.

8. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    I gave up on letting the kids name them...they boys wanted to name them names from their video games that I could never remember...and the miss wants to give them all girl names...and with my luck...we keep ending up with roos!

Glad her pressure is down! Keep us (or at least me) up to date on her progress.

9. wlrabbitry

wlrabbitry Chillin' With My Peeps

Got a question!!!!
    I have a hen that was broody so I decided to let her keep her and the other hens eggs to hatch. It has been 6 days now with 12 eggs now in the coop. all moved around but now she hardly ever sits on them. should I just let her go and see what happens in 21 days or should I bring them in to incubate them?
    [​IMG]

10. mama2my4

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    Have you candled them?

I would say this depends on if you WANT a broody or the chicks. Right now, I don't want any more chicks, so we are grabbing up eggs as fast as they can lay them. Of course, that hasn't stopped one of my girls from sitting on nothing at all. She is SO getting a bath tomorrow!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by