Pensacola, Florida Chicken Show

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone that cameand supported the show. We had a wonderful time, meeting everyone, and seeing some really nice chickens. Wish it would have been a little cooler. Congrats to the winners. I am going off memory so don't beat me if I forget someone. Large fowl champ Was Brent Davenport with A austlorp, and reserve champion of show, reserve lg fowl was Tony Davis(me) with a silver laced. Champion bantam was a light dutch and also Grand champion of show, owned by Sprouse, Reserve bantam was a D'Anver, I will have to get his name. Champion water fowl, was a white call, by James Long. Reserve water fowl was a grey call by Bob Blosol. Champion Serma was owned by Julia Miller and her daughter Savannah(not sure which one of you owned that one sorry, memory fade). Again Thank you to everyone that came out, it was a good show, little warm but overall good. Thanks goes out to the Judge Marty Mcguire for coming. Thank you to everyone that came and setup to sell birds.

On a personal note I also recieved Champion Featherleg with my silkie, and reserve Champion featherleg with another silkie. I was so excited.
Maybe at the next show we will get a little earlier or later so it will be cooler. We are thinking about a maybe early December, what does everyone think?
If you have any suggestions or complaints please pm me or email me, so we can make the show bigger and better.

Thanks again,
Tony
[email protected]

T.E.R. :

First of all I would like to say THANK YOU to everyone that cameand supported the show. We had a wonderful time, meeting everyone, and seeing some really nice chickens. Wish it would have been a little cooler. Congrats to the winners. I am going off memory so don't beat me if I forget someone. Large fowl champ Was Brent Davenport with A austlorp, and reserve champion of show, reserve lg fowl was Tony Davis(me) with a silver laced. Champion bantam was a light dutch and also Grand champion of show, owned by Sprouse, Reserve bantam was a D'Anver, I will have to get his name. Champion water fowl, was a white call, by James Long. Reserve water fowl was a grey call by Bob Blosol. Champion Serma was owned by Julia Miller and her daughter Savannah(not sure which one of you owned that one sorry, memory fade). Again Thank you to everyone that came out, it was a good show, little warm but overall good. Thanks goes out to the Judge Marty Mcguire for coming. Thank you to everyone that came and setup to sell birds.

On a personal note I also recieved Champion Featherleg with my silkie, and reserve Champion featherleg with another silkie. I was so excited.
Maybe at the next show we will get a little earlier or later so it will be cooler. We are thinking about a maybe early December, what does everyone think?
If you have any suggestions or complaints please pm me or email me, so we can make the show bigger and better.

Thanks again,
Tony
[email protected]

Thank you Tony for hosting this show. A little warm, huh? I like how you say that. It was a scorcher! Thank gosh for those large fans! There were some very nice birds there, in several breeds. Tony, I'm not a silkie person in any aspect other than having some lesser quality ones for my daughter, but I have been to many shows and yours are some of the nicest I've seen. Please don't forget me come this fall for availability, my daughter would hang me if that happened. She fell in love with your little white pullet, but I liked all of them. A big thank you to Marty McQuire for judging. I was thrilled to meet and actually got to sit and talk Rosecombs with Bud Waters. His advice is forever filed away in my head. I enjoyed meeting and talking to Cracker, very nice to meet you! As well to the others I met and talked with about seramas, etc, who I forget names of, I'm bad that way, sorry! It was my pair of seramas, the cock won BB and the hen won RB. My daughter and I battled back and forth for BB/RB on the Brahmas or BV/RV for most of our other entries. And, I took photos. I'll get them posted this morning, forgot to get the camera out of the SUV last night. We didn't get back home until yesterday evening after our trip to LA after the show. That made for a very long weekend. Thank you to those that purchased my sale birds. Look for the photos soon.
smile.png

Julie (aka Julia Miller on the entry form)​

I'm glad to hear the show went well. It makes me sick I could not make it, but dad (who has been battling cancer and a multitude of other health problems) was up at the crack of dawn sick and having chest pains, so I had to stick around to help out with him. Maybe I can make the next one. Maybe by that time I will have the new coop built and someone will have nice turkens I can bring home!

Back
Top Bottom