Pensacola, Florida Chicken Show

Quote:
I know a guy in Milton that has some quail. He is on the Pensacola Craigslist advertising Red Bourban turkey so you can find his number there. Hope this helps!
big_smile.png

We will be going- I just entered a few of ours- although I don't hold much of any hope for actually winning- it will still be a good experience!

Will anyone be bringing Delawares, Wyandottes, Marans or ducks for sale? We are looking for those.

I don't have any hope of winning either. but I can learn from it. I have bathe my white cochins twice now and can't seem to get the dirt sterks out of their feathers.
he.gif
any ideas?

Quote:
I know a guy in Milton that has some quail. He is on the Pensacola Craigslist advertising Red Bourban turkey so you can find his number there. Hope this helps!
big_smile.png

We will be going- I just entered a few of ours- although I don't hold much of any hope for actually winning- it will still be a good experience!

Will anyone be bringing Delawares, Wyandottes, Marans or ducks for sale? We are looking for those.

I don't have any hope of winning either. but I can learn from it. I have bathe my white cochins twice now and can't seem to get the dirt sterks out of their feathers.
he.gif
any ideas?

Tide with bleach or any animal shampoo designed for white coats. It has a blueing (sp???) agent in it that helps clean the feathers. Use a soft bristled scrub brush and work WITH the lay of the feathers, NEVER against them. Or you can add a tiny bit of DILUTED bleach to the area of the soiled feathers. BE SURE to rinse, rinse, rinse the bird very well and you can also add vinegar to the rinse water to help cut soap residue.

I read that you can use a dab of that blueing shampoo for white hair and it works but I really have no idea! I am completly new at this also- wanted to learn then saw this so I figured I would go for it!

Be careful using the blueing agent because if you use too much, you'll end with a pretty shade of blue bird! That's why I prefer to use a shampoo already mixed so I don't mess up. But the Tide w/bleach is what a lot of the white bird exhibitors use with great success. Matt Lhamon is one who recommends it and he uses it on his white Wys.

Than sk for the tip. I'll try that. I know its a little late to be giving them a bath again. But I'll try that on the spots I'm having trouble with like the feet.

I agree with the other posts on the bluing shampoo. I buy it for my husband whose hair is snow white and if I don't mix it with another regular shampoo it makes his hair blue-ish to a purple-ish color.

I am over in Mobile and have never been to a show before, so I might have to check this one out! Can't buy chickens until I get a new coop built, but it would be fun to meet some folks and see the birds.

hey guys.... this is only a suggestion but this is what I do for my whites.

First, I take them and spray Resolve (the old Spray 'n Wash) Laundry Stain Remover on those trouble spots and rub it into the feathering. Let that sit for several minutes. Then, wet the bird down and wash them in a flea shampoo... I use Sargents and it's the "Gold", it smells like baby powder. Then, you have to do this ever, EVER so carefully, delute the blueing agent (and I use one that is found in the laundry detergent section of my local store) first in a large glass of hot water before pouring it in my final rinse and MOST IMPORTANTLY it only takes a few drops! (that was taught to me from Marty McGuire, who will be judging) Your birds will smell and look sooooo clean it will make you want to wash your young'ens like that.

I do not use any bleach because I have been told over and over that it will yellow your bird.

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom