People Sterilizing Feral Cats Stopped By

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
14 Years
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
Just moments ago a human feral roughly 40 years old came to our house and explained she was neutering cats that were centered on trailer just beyond our barn. She indicated there was 20 to 12 cats. I have been seeing only 2 on my game camera on a regular basis. The lady said that after the cats are captured and treated some ran off towards my barn. Then she approached to ask if they were our cats. I informed her they are not. Then she seemed to pay interest to the number of roosters without even discussing hens.

Not feeling warm and fuzzy here.

Feeling a little better now. There is an organization nearby that does as the lady says. http://friendsofjcas.org/?page_id=481
When we first moved into the current house the neighborhood was populated by a big colony of feral cats that has all started with and the family of an older lady who had - when she passed away - just opened the doors and dumped her cats onto the street. The first year we were here, we captured the adult females and their kittens, getting them all healthy, fixing and releasing the untame-able moms and finding homes for the kittens. The second year we captured the adult males, fixing and releasing them. There was a little overlap in those 2 years but it was pretty much done by the end of that second year.

It would have been crazy costly but various vets and organizations helped with that part. Very satisfying and I got the cat love of my life, Jasper. Huge black tuxedo boy, dumb as a sack of hammers and sweet as gallon of honey.

she was probably thinking fighting stags
seems like the shelter just has dogs and cats
Breed she could see is not of fighting type. I think it was no roosters allowed or only 6 birds per residence which does not apply outside of city limits.

I would like to see a reduction in number of feral cats, but only two visit up per efforts of our dogs and our cats.

Breed she could see is not of fighting type. I think it was no roosters allowed or only 6 birds per residence which does not apply outside of city limits.

I would like to see a reduction in number of feral cats, but only two visit up per efforts of our dogs and our cats.
Most non-chicken people don't realize that fighting chickens are usually a specific breed or type. They think all roosters are potential fighting stags. I know it's exasperating to those of us who simply love "Our Boys," but the best thing we can do is educate them ... and hope it takes!
I LOVE my roos!

Paws out here will take them test for fip fiv then alter had a gentleman in Aberdeen Wa that would go to the bone yards at the docks derelict lumber mills find ferals trap em bring in had the same done put down those infected altered the others let them go

More and more feral groups are getting request for barn cats. These cats are considered working cats in lots of areas because they keep rodents under control.
And this is a good thing to remember when you need some extra rodent control. These cats are all spayed and neutered, and usually have their vaccinations, as well. If you can get them to the shelter each year, ours will re-vaccinate for free or for a small donation. My "garage cat" was friendly and approachable, she just refused to live inside the house. Her name was "Mercedes." I've always wanted a sleek, black Mercedes in my garage ... and for nearly ten years, I had one!

Back
Top Bottom