people with house chickens

Pics
OOoooo! NICE, feathermommy!!! i'm impressed! i can't wait for Sweet Pea to get big enough to wear them! she's 10 days old today! and guess WHAT???? remember i was getting her eggshell dna sex tested?? well....she's a GIRL!!! yeah sweet pea!!!! i had a feeling! i also did the silly "hang a needle over the egg" thingy before she went into lockdown and it TOO said she was a girl.
celebrate.gif

Where in the world did you get the shell DNA tested??? I doubt there's anywhere near me that does that, though I sure wish. I'd really like to know what Trophy is, though I'm thinking it's probably a boy, judging by the slow feathering. He's two weeks old today. It's going to be a problem keeping a rooster in the house. My DH is against that at this point. Wish us luck that I'm wrong, and Trophy's a girl!

feathermommy, great job, those look really nice
clap.gif
i'm still waiting for chickpea's avian flight suit, it was kind of expensive, esspecially with the shipping so i'm going to go ahead with it. and i figure it it does work for her then i have a nice pattern in front of me so i can't mess up and it'll be easier to make a bigger one.. at least that's what i tell myself to pull it together in my mind:/.. i don't understand why it takes things sooooo loooooong to get to hawaii. when i send things back to the mainland they get there in a jif
idunno.gif
Though i'm reconsidering having my wisdom teeth pulled friday I just really want to stop picking up a poo every five minutes. I made her sleep in the the frankencoop last night and she made it known that she was not happy. but this morning she's back to her normal chirpy happy self
smile.png
so i think i'll leave her in there for a while.

chkinut, that's great! glad that you got what you wanted with sweet pea
smile.png
I probably would have done the same had hatched an egg.. maybe when we get back to mainland, if we're not living in base housing my husband will let me hatch a couple, how exciting would that be
love.gif

Thanks! And I do think having an avian flight suit there with you to make a pattern will indeed make it easier to make one if they do work out. Which one did you buy? Link?

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom