people with house chickens

Virginia is not a snuggler either but she likes to ON me most of the time. We spend a good 20 minutes every day preening. I start to preen her and then she starts and we make quite a mess with that plastic-like stuff around the feather shafts by the time we're done. And she LOVES having her chin scratched!

7205_sophie1.jpg

Sophie the Diva Chicken............... (Silkie)

My chickens sleep in a crate in our backroom. They also fall asleep on the back of the couch watching TV in the evenings, if we let them. Most of the time they run around outside, except for very bad weather. This seems to workout. Their crate is cleaned everyday. No mess or smell.

Right now, I have one on my lap because she was making such a racket outside. The other two are laying eggs leaving her alone on the patio.

Hi my name is suburbanminifarm and I have a confession--- I let my chickens in the house...
Some come to the kitchen and look at me like "well, what are you making?" Some just like to occasionally watch a little TV. Yesterday my Hamburg flew in and ate a few bites of my son's cereal. It was corn pops. One silkie lays her egg in the family room then excuses herself back outside. My roo only comes in to politely supervise the laying, and never poos in the house. My daughter loves to have friends over, and the girls dress up the chickens. Apparently it is more fun than Barbies. The girls cut out clothing shapes from fabric remnants and have fashion shows. I wonder what my reputation is among the other girls' parents, probably we are "THAT" family. Oh well.
I also have serama eggs (from seramaland2) in the incy, so soon I am hoping to have Malaysian house chickens!

I think that is great!! I will email you to get the details...how can I bring my girls inside and not have them poop on the couch? I need to learn more about this. I gave away two of my boy silkies, I am still kicking myself but it was the only answer at the time and probably the best for them...needless to say, I wish I just brought them inside.

Back
Top Bottom