Perfectly boiled day old eggs

fleenorfarmmom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Blountville, Tn
I finally did it! Boiled 14 eggs perfectly. Pricked the fat end with a push pin and dropped them as I pricked them into boiling water. Boiled them for 10 minutes, then turned them off, removed them from heat, and covered them. I went back to them 10-15 mins. later and cooled them with running water, then started peeling. Shell came off in sheets, no white lost,smooth as butter. A small amount of the white leaks out when the egg hits the water, but the hole"clots" in just a second and they were perfect. The eggs were less than a day old.
yippiechickie.gif

That is neat...going to try it...I'm tired of waiting for weeks for the eggs to age so I can have deviled eggies... lol

I looked back on old posts for hints. They said poke hole in fat end. Some of ours are almost perfectly oval and don't have big end or little end, don't guess it mattered. I'm not a cook but needed someting to do with some of the extras. Glad it worked, hope it does next time.

with waiting that long to cool them how were the yolks? Green? Or Green Ringed very much? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom