Perkins laying eggs without a shell

Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it. I will get some calcium citrate and stop the kale. Fingers crossed this will sort the problem out.
Yesterday one of them laid a tiny egg it did have a tiny yolk what’s that all about. My three Pekins are the first lot of ducks I have had they are beautiful and have lots of character.
Pekins are awesome!

This is the calcium citrate that I use for my ladies and it is already in powder form so easy breezy! My pekins are pets and are only here to be healthy happy duckies not raised for meat birds. I feed mine a healthy duck food from a local farmers co-op and supplement with Nutritional Yeast to keep them nice and healthy while they are growing so fast. They of course get mealworms, fruits and veggies. Yep even kale! And mine are perfectly healthy and happy animals. Have fun with yours! :thumbsup

Attachments

• 20190813_141304.jpg
    20190813_141304.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190813_141326.jpg
    20190813_141326.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 1
Thank you for your replies I really appreciate it. I will get some calcium citrate and stop the kale. Fingers crossed this will sort the problem out.
Yesterday one of them laid a tiny egg it did have a tiny yolk what’s that all about. My three Pekins are the first lot of ducks I have had they are beautiful and have lots of character.
That was a fairy egg..Normal unless something is wrong in the reproductive organs? Being Pekin they could of been more bred for meat and not egg production So issues will be predominant with egg laying.

Back
Top Bottom