Permethrin 10 Liquid: Dosage for Coop and Hens?

May 29, 2019
Hello! I'm hoping that someone in this community might have experience battling mites specifically using Permethrin 10 Liquid (diluting and using as spray). I'm having trouble coming across a consensus on this one. I found red mites in the coop and I'm sure my poor hens are suffering because of it.

So here are my questions:
  1. What is the dilution rate for Permethrin 10, and is it the same for use in the coop and on chickens? If not, what is the difference?
  2. How do you recommend applying spray to chickens so that it is as safe, quick, and painless for all parties as can be?
  3. Anything I can do to help give them a boost while the mites (hopefully) die back? I feel terrible for them!
As always, thanks, everyone, for the feedback!

Its on the pull open label on the concentrate bottle. The premise spray is stronger than what you spray on the birds. I use the same One Gallon sprayer for both, just not at the same time. I mix up a gallon in a pump sprayer and spray them well after dark under their wings, necks, backs, butts, everything. Makes them madder than a wet....well, you know.

Then I mix up a more powerful version and spray the whole coop/run/ roosts, nooks and crannies with it after I let the birds out. REPEAT on day 7, and then again on day 14.

All the mixes are on that label. Poultry dose, and premise dose.

Its on the pull open label on the concentrate bottle. The premise spray is stronger than what you spray on the birds. I use the same One Gallon sprayer for both, just not at the same time. I mix up a gallon in a pump sprayer and spray them well after dark under their wings, necks, backs, butts, everything. Makes them madder than a wet....well, you know.

Then I mix up a more powerful version and spray the whole coop/run/ roosts, nooks and crannies with it after I let the birds out. REPEAT on day 7, and then again on day 14.

All the mixes are on that label. Poultry dose, and premise dose.
Thank you! This is exactly what I needed :bow

You bet. I actually wrote all my chicken meds on a board and have it hanging in the barn bathroom for quick reference. Some of those bottles have TINY print on them that is too hard to read on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom