PERSON ON EBAY STEALING BYCer's PHOTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brindlebtch

Songster
10 Years
Apr 15, 2009
Texas
A person on ebay has been using our fellow BYCer's, Fowl Visions, photos for advertising the selling of their dark brahma eggs and refuses to take the photos down and use their own photos. One must assume their own birds are not as good quality as Fowl Visions' and that is why they will not put up their own photos. What can be done about this? Isn't this false advertising or advertising with images that do not represent the quality of the goods that will be received?

http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Dark-Brahma-...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item483ae15502

I would hate it if somebody took a photo of one of my dogs doing agility and used it to promote their own agility business. Especially without my permission! And then refuse to take down my photo when asked nicely.

Last edited:
report to ebay that they are using photos that are not their own. Unless I am mistaken, ebay will make them remove the photos and/or the listing.

You can call ebay or file an online complaint. They will cancel the auction and perhaps suspend the account. It is a copyright infringement issue and can be followed with legal actions.
Katharina

I sent the seller a question. I asked why he wasn't using his own photos. I told him the pic belongs to someone here. Maybe if enough of us swamp his inbox, he will get the idea to remove the pics.

I have had an email conversation with grammus77 and they still refuse to take the photos down. I have reported them to ebay. I suppose the more reports they get, the better.

Last edited:
I have seen ads on craiglist that have also stolen BYC'rs pictures to sell their own eggs and stock. I thinks it's pretty dispicable!
rant.gif
somad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom