Pesky neighbors--A rant

Quote:
Unfortunately, just having signs up won't keep you from getting sued. Check into the legal term "attractive nuisance". For instance, if you have a swimming pool you can have all the signs you want -- but if you don't have a good strong fence around it, you will still be in big trouble if the neighbor's kid manages to drown themselves in it.

Maybe I am the only one with neighbors who are also friends.

Neighbors who are friends are not the ones who are stupid enough to wander over into your field or coop without checking first -- of course.​

Quote:
You crack me up!
lau.gif
You should hang it anyway...!

Quote:
Sooo, what's the answer? Do we all just sell off our swimming pools and livestock? Because you aren't going to change humanity to get a clue.

Quote:
I dunno, I have some pretty stupid friends
wink.png

Quote:
Tell them (with a very worried look on your face while wringing your hands) that you have a very, VERY aggressive rooster that will tear their livers out!
ep.gif

If my neighbors saw me working outside, there is an old couple to my right, and a idiot to my left. LOL. Well anyway, if they saw me working outside, and came over and asked if I could show them my chickens, I would love too. But if they just came over and started looking. I wouldnt want that.

Quote:
We've been telling you the answer for many posts now. For which you've been ridiculing us, unfortunately.
hmm.png

Hmmm, I missed the part where I ridiculed anyone, and all I see in the past several posts is either internet rage or recommendations of signage, fencing, and a defensive perimeter.

The former is preaching to the choir but does nothing to solve the problem. The latter I applaud.

wow.. i had the same thing happen to me..lol there were these kids who wanted to see my chicks about a year ago, so i let them adn then they left, and about 3 days later they snuck into my yard with a cage trying to steal some chicks!! i cought them and ran them off the property and told them to never come back, but every so often they come to the door asking if we still have chickens or if they can have some chicken food. and i just tell them to leave.. they are only like7, 9 and 12.. it bugs me that they dont have parental supervision. ugh. angers me. i see why u are mad too. btw i think this threads gonna get closed cuz mpers are starting to raise.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it isn't only animals that cause this behaviour. I grew up in an unusual house (built by my grandfather). On a number of occasions my parents would find people wandering around the grounds, uninvited. One man had the decency to knock, and ask if he could look around. My mother told him it was inconvenient right then, and he got all huffy. His thought was that it was an unusual and interesting place, and therefore "should" be open to whomever wished to see it! Well, he got his wish - the place is a museum now; anyone who wants to take a look may.....for a fee! But all the gates are padlocked when the museum isn't open.

Back
Top Bottom