Pet Peeves

Pics
Laughing as your 6 Y.O daughter looks 'cute and sassy' and puts her little hands on her little hips as she mouths off to me or another adult....well, I'm not laughing and might take both of you 'to the woodshed'.
Every 'Karen' was girl who wasn't told "No. You can't have what you want all the time."
I think I was a brat growing up, in spite of not being allowed to have everything I wanted. I had numerous woodshed experiences of which I am now thankful for.

Not annoyed, more flabbergasted that people care so much about inane phraseology. :confused:
Some things are just more important than it is to others. So, they become annoyed or irritated when others don't see it their way.
For example, I'm sure no one else can hear my husband chewing even if they are sitting right next to him, but it irritates me so much, that I can also "feel" it especially early morning. That's a real pet peeve for me.
However, I love to hear the dogs chew so I will feed them certain foods just to hear them. 😁
Grammar is kind of like that, it bothers some and not others. I've learned to let most things go unless it totally changes the meaning. I just enjoy the banter here so added my thoughts to the discussion.

Like green or navy?
Some things are just more important than it is to others. So, they become annoyed or irritated when others don't see it their way.
For example, I'm sure no one else can hear my husband chewing even if they are sitting right next to him, but it irritates me so much, that I can also "feel" it especially early morning. That's a real pet peeve for me.
However, I love to hear the dogs chew so I will feed them certain foods just to hear them. 😁
Grammar is kind of like that, it bothers some and not others. I've learned to let most things go unless it totally changes the meaning. I just enjoy the banter here so added my thoughts to the discussion.
I'm sorry, I wasn't making a comment against anyone, I was just making a comment after reading 12 pages of Merriam-Webster vs Sister Mary Arugula...I found it funny.
What you used as an example for pet peeve is actually a personality disorder that my friend has, when we want to annoy her we eat chips next to her head.😂 she's got a killer lefthook.

Like green or navy?

I'm sorry, I wasn't making a comment against anyone, I was just making a comment after reading 12 pages of Merriam-Webster vs Sister Mary Arugula...I found it funny.
What you used as an example for pet peeve is actually a personality disorder that my friend has, when we want to annoy her we eat chips next to her head.😂 she's got a killer lefthook.
Yes, my husband reminds me that that is a brain disorder. :gig I don’t usually "hear" anyone else chewing to that degree.
I was just trying give a concrete example and that popped into my head. 😁

Back
Top Bottom