Pet Peeves

:barnieso gross 🤮. When people pile their dirty dishes in the sink!:he So I have to clean them out of the sink before I can wash them!
Then there’s the what do you want for dinner? I don’t care, until you say what your going to cook then they say no I don’t feel like that. :rant
Just a couple :idunno
Aha! You just nailed 2 things in my life! My sweetie piles dirty dishes in the sink. So I'm glad he does put water in bowls & pans, because if he didn't, I'd have to get a jackhammer to clean off hardened stuff, but yeah it's not a pleasant site to see that sink full of anything. I don't complain though because it's better than leaving dishes sit dirty all over counter tops.

The "what are we doing for dinner" scenario...Every day...I hear the question. I answered, "It's a dilemma" once & we both laughed so hard 🤣 so now I say it every time & we both have a good chuckle before listing our options of what we have in the fridge. Laughter is good! Need more of it!

Sweetie is a wonderful man, though. If he can put up with my crazy bird lady & clutter ways, I can put up with his stuff, too. ❤️

Ok got a couple, girls or women who wear yoga pants or whatever there called. With a short shirt and no underwear :barnieso gross 🤮.

I can't imagine No underwear with those pants or tights....eeewww!!!
That fabric doesn't breathe either. Stink crotch!!! 😆 🤣 😂

I gotta have cotton against my skin, preferably in layers.

Leaving tons of lights on, then leaving the house.

Not cleaning hair or toothpaste globs out of bathroom sink.

Leaving garage door wide open all day, for all to see (or steal) your stored stuff.

Doing laundry but forgetting to put it in dryer, so now laundry room smells like a scum pond & I gotta re-wash the stinky clothes before I can wash the load I wanted to wash now.

Not flushing the toilet.

Not cleaning off the mower before putting it away, so now there's nasty, soggy clumps under mower & dry grass blowing all over the garage. (I cut the grass, leave mower out a bit to cool off, but he puts it away without cleaning it...like dude, why do you think I didn't just go ahead & put it away? It was sitting there for a reason)

Not hanging keys up on the key peg board so now ya practically gotta call a search party to find them, spend 20 min backtracking every place you were today. (Finally find them in the pocket of the swamp smelling jeans he washed & forgot in the washer last night.)

These are some peevey things, but luckily they never happen all at the same time. Plus, what would've ticked me off many years ago, now is just a moment of "oh crap" then I just laugh & deal with it, no big deal. I've come to realize when you really love someone, your tolerance & patience seem unlimited...especially when you know your own peevey habits are being tolerated, as well.

What's annoying peeves about me?
A bird in need Always takes priority...so at times there may be a recovering pigeon in the bathroom, an elderly chicken set up with food & water in the garden tub, a brooder set up on bathroom counter.
(Birds poop...usually within seconds of just cleaning up the last poop...need I say more?)

There's a whole big cabinet & a big drawer in the fridge, as well as shelving in the laundry room, entirely dedicated to "bird stuff". (And it's still not enough room!)

My house & garage are way too cluttered.
Toe stubbing is a weekly event. (Used to be daily, so yeah, I Am Cleaning, sorting & donating clutter when I get free time.)

I have 10 different bottles of shampoos and conditioners & 5 different liquid soaps in the shower...they really hurt toes when they fall. (Yup, of course it's happened! My own toes as well 😆)

I'm sure I could write a book & list many more, but I need to charge this phone...another peeve, phone always seems to need charging.

Last edited:
When you're supposed to be on vacation yet still get phone calls, texts and emails via iPad that must be replied to
Nope!!

I learned what to do...

1st of all, vacation in a remote place...no phones, no internet, no cell signals...take a "real vacation" off grid, mountains, rain forest, camping, island, etc.

2nd...Set up an auto reply, unavailable or out of the office, will return on such & such date & will be able to respond to your email then, if you need immediate assistance please contact so & so.

Yeah, I know...you're probably the business owner right? Well, even You deserve a proper vacation & time off Boss!

Last edited:
Nope!!

I learned what to do...

1st of all, vacation in a remote place...no phones, no internet, no cell signals...take a "real vacation" off grid, mountains, rain forest, camping, island, etc.

2nd...Set up an auto reply, unavailable or of the office, will return on such & such date & will be able to respond to your email then, if you need immediate assistance please contact so & so.

Yeah, I know...you're probably the business owner right? Well, even You deserve a proper vacation & time off Boss!

Nope not the owner

When you're supposed to be on vacation yet still get phone calls, texts and emails via iPad that must be replied to
Have a business phone and a personal phone. Leave business phone in the office so that , when someone calls they can answer it themselves. :highfive: Employer and associates did not get personal phone number. :he employer reaction:he when the phone rings in his office and I'm on vacation:he .

Back
Top Bottom