Pet Peeves

One of my pet peeves is trimming Sylvester palms. Love the way they look,but they are a hassle to work with.
The fronds where they attach to the trunk have spikes that can penetrate to the bone. If you break the tip inside your skin you'll be dealing with it for a good week.

View attachment 3385085
I heard that they've killed people because they got trapped in the fronds.

I heard that they've killed people because they got trapped in the fronds.
I've never heard of that maybe I don't know.

But I do wish I lived in a less humid area because the dates can ripen on the tree and they are delicious.
You can smell them when they fall off the ground and start to rot it's a sweet smell. I collect the seeds and throw them inside 4x4 shallow seedling squares and when they sprout we transfer them to small pots. These things are crazy expensive when they get four to five feet tall.

I've never heard of that maybe I don't know.

But I do wish I lived in a less humid area because the dates can ripen on the tree and they are delicious.
You can smell them when they fall off the ground and start to rot it's a sweet smell. I collect the seeds and throw them inside 4x4 shallow seedling squares and when they sprout we transfer them to small pots. These things are crazy expensive when they get four to five feet tall.
Hey, environmentally conscious and some nice return for your work. Nothing bad about that!

Yeah tree farming is not an endeavor for the impatient.
No, just for the in-patient.

Along those lines, I think my favorite typo was when I was coming home at 4am and had to go through a construction zone alongside a cemetery. The sign parked at the side of the road said, "Thank you for your patients."

No, just for the in-patient.
No Idea Reaction GIF by Busythings

I'm missing the joke here :(

Back
Top Bottom