Pet Peeves

Quote:
We went to the Omaha Zoo once on a VERY busy weekend. There was NO parking. Some decked out uber truck had taken up 4 of the best front spaces. It had been keyed and someone had written obscenities on it with lipstick. Guess trying to keep it from getting bumped by other cars didn't work out so well for them
smile.png

I shouldn't be amused but I am. this woman took up the three closest spaces herself, and since it was a cool, drizzly day, I wanted to limit my distance.

Everyone who walked by had a little smirk on their face. My kids and I had a discussion about how it was wrong to vandalize other peoples property (was hard to keep a straight face) They were 13, 11, 9 at the time and are all pretty street smart. They saw the irony in how someone was trying to protect their truck and thought they were extra special and how it backfired. They are almost 21,19, and 17 and still will bring that truck up once in awhile when we are in a crowded parking lot.

Quote:
i am saying this just as constructive critisim and with no disrespect, but sometimes the person is just mistaken. or they just didn't know. like someone could just come up with a theory and then have a rational explaination for it. they could then take your answer and find something wrong with it. then they could believe that they are right and just stand up for what they think is right. again, this is meant with no disrespect or offence.

I'm was talking about a certain episode that happened
hide.gif
Sorry guess I was venting
smile.png
This kid at the state fair said a hen (who had a respotroy infection) tried to tell me chickens couldn't close their eyes so they make bubbles in their eyes to keep them moist when the sleep
he.gif
Kid was like 11 and I sweetly told him that chickens can blink and that I own 8 chickens and that I've seen a chicken blink before. He stood in my face and told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that I need to shut up about chickens because theres know way I could own 8 and not know that they can't blink.
th.gif

Quote:
I just tell everyone my phone is off most of the time. I answer for my son, grandparents, and husband. There are exceptions to this, especially if I'm at work. My son and husband will text if they need something urgently (emergency). My grandparents will leave a message. Anyone else gets ignored until I have time and inclination to answer their call...

Back
Top Bottom