Pet roosters suddenly started fighting

milliedell

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
Peekskill, New York
Hi,
I'm new here and I joined because I have a problem that no one I know has a solution for. My two pet roosters, George (white leghorn) and Henry (new hampshire mix) whom I've had for 3 1/2 years suddenly started fighted 2 weeks ago. Badly. George, who was the dominant, got the worst of it. He's still limps and is covered in dried blood. I'm keeping them separated for now, but I can't do this to them for the rest of their lives. I tried letting them together yesterday, but they started fighting immediately.
As far as I know, nothing in their lives changed to set this off. They have never had any hens to fight over. I did have a pair of ducks, who kept to themselves, and one died (unrelated) a week after this started.
Any ideas?

Ours have had there share but they usually figure it out themselves. Maybe seperate them again for a longer time. I call it goin thru puberty hahaha

They're almost 4 years old, so it's not puberty! George almost died the first time so I'm not likely to let them sort it out. They've squabbled before, but nothing like this.

welcome-byc.gif
& sorry about your roos getting in to it like that...

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. Apparently it has taken Harry this long to build his confidence and now he wants to be the head boss. I have a father and son bantam barred cochins. Pops was always the boss and kept junior in his place. He never drew blood though. Now that junior has reached two yrs old, he now doesn't back down anymore and now pops is afraid of him. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom