Pheasant/chicken hybrid photos

Here is an Olandsk -- Yellow Golden cross . Just a pup yet but looks a lot like his Olandsk dad. This happened because we have a spare young rooster and he was getting his butt kicked in all the other pens so we put him in with the goldens. Seems to be doing great

Here is an Olandsk -- Yellow Golden cross . Just a pup yet but looks a lot like his Olandsk dad. This happened because we have a spare young rooster and he was getting his butt kicked in all the other pens so we put him in with the goldens. Seems to be doing great
You are sure it hatched from a pheasant egg? I’ve never seen a hybrid with a comb.

Look at the eyes notice the ring around it like you see in pheasants , look at the primaries on the wings etc etc.. Only chicken in the pen was the rooster and the egg was hatched by a Silver Leghorn who thinks her purpose in life is to sit on eggs ..

These are the result of a chicken rooster and a golden hen. They have no comb and look quite a bit like pheasants. Unless some how yours turned out very chicken like, I don’t think you have a hybrid.
1DC73B96-E3DF-4590-9ACE-9A6ED0C1296C.jpeg

Look at the eyes notice the ring around it like you see in pheasants , look at the primaries on the wings etc etc.. Only chicken in the pen was the rooster and the egg was hatched by a Silver Leghorn who thinks her purpose in life is to sit on eggs ..
The patterned wing feathers are normal for chickens, as are rings around the eyes.

So for years I’ve been very interested in pheasant/chicken hybrids and I’ve always enjoyed finding pictures and videos of them. The issue is though, that it’s really a pain to find them sometimes, so I decided to collect every picture I could and post them in one spot. If you have any pictures that I don’t have, please share them!🙂
I've always been fascinated with hybrids. I love my pheasant/chicken crosses. I just wish they had a courtship dance and sound.

Back
Top Bottom