Pheasant Chicken Hybrids

Pics
I'll try to get some new pics soon. They look pretty much the same, except one has grown to the size of the rooster, maybe even a little larger, and the other is the size of a pheasant.

Last edited:
very cool post and informatife reading and imput from driferant vews good pics of hybrids im rasing a few hybrids also but they are snowflake quail very instering they were hatched from eggs and now about month old black and white they just for somthing drifferant to have as birds go for me keep up the updates

Wow! Great thread...I accidentally made two cheasants last year! They are gorgeous. I no longer have the father, but if I did, I would sure be tempted to make this cross again.

Here's how it happened....I had a pigeon who stole a silkie chicken egg. He hatched it before I realized he was sitting on it. Yes, a male pigeon! So I have one lone silkie chick that ended up being raised by himself inside. Since he turned out to be a little roo and all my chicken pens have more than enough roosters, he ended up in a pen with some Golden pheasants and Valley quail. Never really knowing he's a chicken, he got along great with the other birds...especially one of the Golden hens!

Well, the pheasants started laying and I incubated their first crop of eggs. 2 hatched earlier than the others and they looked nothing like golden pheasants. I still didn't get it until the rest hatched and they looked like they are supposed to look. I later put some pheasant eggs under a silkie hen to hatch. One hatched early and looked like the first two. Unfortunately, I gave this one away to somebody who was interested and now I don't know what that one looks like.

This is the father, "Gunther". Ignore the Amherst female in the background...

One of he babies!

Both babies.

Growing up....

This is the girl all grown up. Pictures are hard to get, she likes to stay under stuff.

And the adorable male! Super vibrant colors and fuzzy cheeks!

These two are not as docile as chickens but not as flighty as pheasants. When they were chicks, they acted much more like pheasant chicks.

As a side note....I have been breeding pure lines of pheasants and parrots for 30 years and don't need any grief over this little thing
roll.png

Wow! Great thread...I accidentally made two cheasants last year! They are gorgeous. I no longer have the father, but if I did, I would sure be tempted to make this cross again. Here's how it happened....I had a pigeon who stole a silkie chicken egg. He hatched it before I realized he was sitting on it. Yes, a male pigeon! So I have one lone silkie chick that ended up being raised by himself inside. Since he turned out to be a little roo and all my chicken pens have more than enough roosters, he ended up in a pen with some Golden pheasants and Valley quail. Never really knowing he's a chicken, he got along great with the other birds...especially one of the Golden hens! Well, the pheasants started laying and I incubated their first crop of eggs. 2 hatched earlier than the others and they looked nothing like golden pheasants. I still didn't get it until the rest hatched and they looked like they are supposed to look. I later put some pheasant eggs under a silkie hen to hatch. One hatched early and looked like the first two. Unfortunately, I gave this one away to somebody who was interested and now I don't know what that one looks like. This is the father, "Gunther". Ignore the Amherst female in the background... One of he babies! Both babies. Growing up.... This is the girl all grown up. Pictures are hard to get, she likes to stay under stuff. And the adorable male! Super vibrant colors and fuzzy cheeks! These two are not as docile as chickens but not as flighty as pheasants. When they were chicks, they acted much more like pheasant chicks. As a side note....I have been breeding pure lines of pheasants and parrots for 30 years and don't need any grief over this little thing:rolleyes:
I have never heard of a golden pheasant x chicken hybrid before but they are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom