Pheasant chicks eating chick starter?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone I have 3 fertile ringneck pheasant eggs in my bator and was wondering if they could eat chick starter when they hatched? I know they are supposed to have gamebird starter, and I am going to try my hardest to find it, but if I dont find it would it be ok for them to eat chick starter? Or would I be better off ordering some online? If so can someone give me a website where I can get it at?

Thanks.

you can feed them chick starter mixxed with some scrambled in microwave or hardboiled eggs for a few days until you find some gamebird starter. tractor supply should have game bird starter or they would probably order it for you if you ask

i cant get Gamebird strater and have to use chicken starter
I have raised about 8 pheasants,Golden and yellows also Gambels Quails etc no problem

The turkey starter i can get is granules
I didnt think this would be ok for small pheasants and quail

The turkey started l bought for my commons was already ground up. At 4 weeks I've been giving them the regular pellets that I feed the adults. They didn't like it so I gave the pellets a spin in the blender and they will eat that.

Chick starter OFTEN plugs up the digestive system of gamebirds and will KILL them. Speaking form experience, I wouldn't risk it. Pheasant starter is NOT hard to find. There is a reason why they sell both kinds.

Back
Top Bottom