Pheasant Feeds

michael94

Chirping
12 Years
Jul 5, 2007
I have several breeds of pheasants and I can't find any feed they seem to like. I have tried Game Bird feed, all grains and even corn but they don't seem to like any one very much.
They are a year old. Can some one please give me some ideas.

Puzzled in Oklahoma:(:|

are they getting their fill of bugs and such in your yard? i don't know about phesants, but my other animals show less interest in store bought food when they are finding lots of goodies themselves.

They are in pens about 10ft by 10ft so they really don't get to much access to bugs or other things. They seem to like black sunflower seeds better than anything.
idunno.gif

Stop all 'treats' and only provide gamebird feed. Trust me..they will eat it. Once they start emptying their dish, then offer 'treats' on occasional (small handful a day or every other day). They should not dictate what they get to eat and it is not healthy for them. In the long run, this is your best option for good health.

Keep in mind the appropriate gamebird feed for the time of year. If they are laying, they should be getting gamebird layena. If they are moulting, flight conditioner. If they are just settling in for winter, gamebird maintenance. Each has a purpose and is optimal for maintenance of your flock.

Jody

Back
Top Bottom