Pheasants??

Hedgeland Farms

Crowing
May 5, 2022
Southern Illinois
Help please...
My hubby brought me home a baby pheasant. Said its 6wks...but it looks like 4 wks...(was hatched with others 2x his size.

Any info would be appreciated...

He was thinking i could raise it with my 3 chicks

Attachments

• 20230605_160246.jpg
    20230605_160246.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 330
I dont have any at the moment but plan to grab some on wednesday...is that too late??
It should be fine on your chick starter/grower until Wednesday but yes they require a higher protein level such as a turkey/gamebird starter or an all-flock crumble. It is also a ringneck pheasant which typically requires a DNR permit to keep (check your state requirements). Pheasants can be tamed but are much more flighty than chickens and cannot be free-ranged nor coop-trained. Like other gamebirds, they ideally should not be kept with chickens. They should have a fully enclosed area of their own with room to move around. You may be able to get a better idea of sex in another 4-6 weeks if you post new photos. Any other questions, feel free to ask and @007Sean will probably have much more advice once he pops in!

T
I just now saw this post! :rolleyes: Anyway, @muddy75 , is absolutely correct in her answers....I have nothing to add! :eek:
Thank you...
We are passing it along to someone who raises them...

We are not set up for pheasants, nor do we care to raise a single bird of any breed. And if I were to build another coop/run...it'd be for more chickens 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom