Phoebe House Farm Thread

Finally remaking the chickens' pen that Providence and Zach destroyed. 😅 🥵
20230706_142517.jpg
20230706_142529.jpg
20230706_142605.jpg

And Providence and Juniper felt the need to inspect everything while I wasn't there to yell at them. 😂
20230706_142639.jpg

One of my Australorps keeps going broody. I've broken her once already this year and had been trying to break her again this week. Well... She won. 🙈 I gave her ONE egg. If it doesn't hatch I don't know what I'm going to do. Hopefully it's a girl. The reason I'm only doing one because the past two batches I've hatched have all or mostly been boys. With that bad of a rate, I don't want to be saddled with a bucket-load of boys again. 😅🤣View attachment 3549738
And my two EE pullets were cuddling. I couldn't resist posting a pic of them. View attachment 3549742
An update on the Aussie: She's a total failure. 😆 She can't remember to stay on the same nest. Thankfully one of my EEs went broody again, so she just took the eggs. (Yes, it didn't stay at one egg. There's three. 😂) This is Darlene last time she went broody.
IMG_0491.JPG

An update on the Aussie: She's a total failure. 😆 She can't remember to stay on the same nest. Thankfully one of my EEs went broody again, so she just took the eggs. (Yes, it didn't stay at one egg. There's three. 😂) This is Darlene last time she went broody.View attachment 3568099

Nice nest! Are those pine needles?

Nice nest! Are those pine needles?
They are. I don't like using them, though. The hens push it into a rim around them and expose the bare wood. When they lay the egg, it hits the wood and cracks, so I put pine shavings inside the ring of needles. At that point I might as well just use shavings.

An update on the Aussie: She's a total failure. 😆 She can't remember to stay on the same nest. Thankfully one of my EEs went broody again, so she just took the eggs. (Yes, it didn't stay at one egg. There's three. 😂) This is Darlene last time she went broody.View attachment 3568099
Aww she is cute!

Back
Top Bottom