Phoebe House Farm Thread

Pics

ThePhoebeFive

My good opinion once lost, is lost forever.
12 Years
Apr 7, 2011
South Carolina
I've been on here for a long while and thought it was time to start a farm thread. We have dogs, a cat, goats, and lots of chickens.

The dogs are Buz the Doberman and Uki the border collie coonhound mix. Both do great with the other animals. Buz sometimes tries to chase the goats, but only in play and Uki's natural instincts come in handy when we can't catch them. 😆❤️
Dog Dobermann Carnivore Liver Fence
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Working animal

Our cat's name is Squirrel because she looks kinda like one. She showed up on our porch a few months after we moved here (5 1/2 years ago). She's a good cat; nervous around the goats, but loves to mingle with chickens. She doesn't even mess with the chicks!
Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Plant
Cat Carnivore Felidae Grey Window

Right now we have six goats, but we are trying to sell two of them. Our breeding buck is Francis. Believe it or not he is the best behaved of them all. His companion, Zach, we are trying to sell so we can keep one of his sons. The girls are Juniper and Providence. Juniper gave us twins this past January: a girl and a boy. We sold the girl and are trying to sell her son. Providence is pregnant; due sometime in July. The last one is the baby boy we want to keep. His name is Pippin (his brother was Merry 😉). We lost his mama, Rosie, to pneumonia, which is why I would like to keep him. He is so much like her!
IMG_0156 copy.JPG
Zachary Collage copy.png

IMG_0145 copy.JPG
IMG_0165 copy.JPG

IMG_0086 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2023-05-20 at 2.32.38 PM.png

And now for the chickens! 🤩 We have four roosters. Two Easter Eggers I'm selling or sending to freezer camp, an Easter Egger I'm keeping, and a Cuckoo Maran I'm keeping. The Cuckoo Maran has his own little flock of 4 Cuckoo Maran hens, but the Easter Egger has a wide variety of girls: 4 Easter Eggers, 4 Black Australorps, 4 Red Stars, and 1 Light Brahma. And in a couple of months he's going to get 2 White Leghorns, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 2 more Easter eggers, who are all still too young. Every single bird has a name, but I won't bore y'all by going through all of them unless you want me to. 😆

1684611559910.png
1684611600465.png

1684611653575.png
IMG_0216.JPG

My EE rooster got a picture all to himself because he's gorgeous! 😍 I love that guy! 😆 One of my Australorps is living with the chicks right now. She's been broody for weeks and I'm desperately trying to break her. She won't adopt the chicks, probably because they're a bit big, but she's so distracted trying to get back to the nest that she ignores them. One of the Leghorns actually kept picking on her. 🙄😆

We also have about 1000 mealworms, but I won't post any pictures of those... 🤢

I love that Buz's ears are down! We had 2 Dobes with ears intact. Totally changes their look.

Love all the pictures. Please keep posting.
It really does. I like cropped ears, but we couldn't afford to have his done. I don't mind too bad, though. I love him! Those first two years were rough, but it was well worth it! 🤪😍

Back
Top Bottom