*Photo Attached* Please Advise.

Looks excactly like my hen ! You said you got rid of your rooster, Somewhere on the thread that eggs will stay fertilized for several weeks, maybe thats what happen? BUT still Theres gotta be a roo somewhere !!

Looks excactly like my hen !  You said you got  rid of your rooster,   Somewhere on the thread that eggs will stay fertilized for several weeks, maybe thats what happen?  BUT still  Theres gotta  be a roo somewhere !!

I did have a roo, but that was about 3 months ago and he was only a few months old.

That EE looks 100% girl to me...Boys don't come in that color. Post her on the 'breed/gender' thread for more answers :)

In the newer pics, it looks more like a hen. I'm no expert on sexing EE but I think separating it and then checking fertility is a great idea. The drawback to that is, that a hen can remain fertile for up to 4 weeks (though usually it's more like 2 weeks) after breeding.

Update! My Easter Egger has finally proven herself to be a lady. She laid her first egg!
wee.gif

Which means if my eggs are in fact fertile, the girls would have to have been fertilized three months ago by my frizzle roo.

How is this possible?
hu.gif

Here is a photo of her egg!

4 months I do not think is possible, you might post pics of the rest of your flock lol, you have fertile eggs and now you know this girl is not a he. I say post pics of all your flock. You got a male somewhere lol

Oh, I just read all the posts,,

So this one is a hen after all? Now I am really curious!

Mb

4 months I do not think is possible, you might post pics of the rest of your flock lol, you have fertile eggs and now you know this girl is not a he. I say post pics of all your flock. You got a male somewhere lol

yep, has to be a male somewhere! Three months isn't possible at all.

[quote name="Melabella" What beautiful daughters!  And Gabriel is a handsome Roo! 

I had a Daisy go to a Duke,, happens to the best of us!

Good Luck,
MB
[/quote]
Thank you Melabella!

Back
Top Bottom