1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Photo Shoot Time!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Monica - 10 month old Dark Brahma (molting, but has laid)
    Joon - 9 month old Barred Rock (not laying yet)
    Munk - 9 month old Easter Egger (not laying yet)
    Butternut - 8 month old Splash Wyandotte (laying currently)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. OrpingtonDude

OrpingtonDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Topeka, Kansas
    Quote:Gorgeous Birds!! [​IMG]

3. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you! They are all great! I wish the Barred Rock would lay some eggs though lol I must be the only one on BYC with a darn near 10 month old BR who is not laying [​IMG] she must think she is an easter egger lol!! They have two new sisters coming soon, a lavendar orpington pullet, and an olive egger pullet. Along with a new 8x6 coop coming this Sunday! Each hen will have 8 feet of coop space, plus all day free range time. Of course I do not spoil my birds! hahaha yeah right [​IMG]

love them all, chicken addiction is... addicting!

4. BantamoftheOpera

BantamoftheOpera Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Southern Maine
    love the eye color on the Wyandotte. They are all great looking birds.

5. Inkheart

Inkheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    Great pics and really nice birds!

6. Joey8765

Joey8765 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2010
    Australia
    butternut is beautiful! [​IMG] . . . [​IMG]

7. Catstar68

Catstar68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Franklinton, NC
    Very pretty birds! [​IMG]
    You've got some serious stink-eye going on there. [​IMG]

8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you! Butternut is the sweetest thing ever. Total lap chicken, very sweet and talkative, and she loves kids. I think she is from Welp Hatchery, but I feel fortunate to have gotten such a sweetheart.

Yes, Monica is the QUEEN of stink eyes. In fact.. I think Brahma's in general take the cake when it comes to those "Get that camera outta my face before I bust it open!" kinda looks haha. Monica especially doesn't like the paparazzi when she is molting.

9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    I LOVE your Wyandotte! Do you know were she came from? I am going to get some... But I want to get some decent ones! LOL

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    She actually came from Welp Hatchery I believe. She has a Blue Wyandotte coop mate who also came from Welp. The Blue Wyandotte was BEAUTIFUL as well, but she was a bully to Munk so I had to rehome her.

Butternut is just a hatchery girl [​IMG] typically not suggested with Wyandottes because they rarely look good and all that, but the two I had both looked beautiful and Butternut LOVES people, the Blue did also, just didn't like my EE.

If you want true quality wyandottes I suggest Foley or Paul's Poultry. Both have BEAUTIFUL wyandottes who come from known backgrounds so you have a bit more of a guarentee. They are expensive though [​IMG] 9.50 each for straight run chicks I believe, but worth it! If I had money and room I would get some also. But I really am fortunate with Butternut because she is so sweet, pretty and a reliable layer as well! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by