Photography Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bird_Lover_17

Birds are life
Apr 9, 2020
USA
Hi, Is there some sort of iphone lens attachment that you can buy to take better images? (I want to take pictures of wild birds). I don't really want to buy a $1,000 camera. I mainly want to be able to zoom in and out better and take clear-er pictures.

Any responses are appreciated! :)

You can get all kinds of lenses. This kit is just an example. Mine came with a zoom lens that I’ve been happy with. I also love the polarized lens for taking pictures of fish in water.
A03208DF-2040-4257-B93A-41293C4298F2.png

Don't have a recommendation but a clip on zoom lens (if reasonable quality) would be better than the digital zoom you get on phones. Though generally adding extra layers of glass in front of the sensor does degrade photo quality.

There is an equivalent to 'chicken math' in photography called GAS (Gear Aquisition Syndrome) and it's expensive! :)

Is a camera within your price range? You can start pretty basic and add lenses as you can afford them. Having worked in a photo lab for many years, it became obvious which images were from good equipment and which were from poor equipment. And, yes, GAS is a thing!

Is a camera within your price range? You can start pretty basic and add lenses as you can afford them. Having worked in a photo lab for many years, it became obvious which images were from good equipment and which were from poor equipment. And, yes, GAS is a thing!
A camera is a little bit too much for me since I am working on saving up for a bigger barn. I thought the clip- on ones would be good for a person like me who wants to take pictures, but isn't a pro. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom