Photos Of Chickens! Show Me Your Chickens! (Also Stories Would Be Great!)

Pics
Cancer can be painful.

Putting her down would've actually been the best option.
We took her to get the surgery at the vet at the nearest appointment, we think she had cancer. He specializes in poultry and we caught it early, so she did not suffer. She passed under the anesthesia in one second and she was sleeping. I love her, so I tried to help.

We took her to get the surgery at the vet at the nearest appointment, we think she had cancer. He specializes in poultry and we caught it early, so she did not suffer. She passed under the anesthesia in one second and she was sleeping. I love her, so I tried to help.
Yes, I understand that. But major surgery isn't a good option for birds due the higher risk of dying during the procedure.

Most of us can't afford to take a chicken to the vet, nor do we have vets willing to care for chickens.

I myself have a exotics vet in my location, but they down right refused to take in chickens, & claimed they need a Livestock License to care for "Farm Animals."

Yes, I understand that. But major surgery isn't a good option for birds due the higher risk of dying during the procedure.

Most of us can't afford to take a chicken to the vet, nor do we have vets willing to care for chickens.

I myself have a exotics vet in my location, but they down right refused to take in chickens, & claimed they need a Livestock License to care for "Farm Animals."
I’m sorry you vet won’t treat chickens :hugs It was supposed to be a low risk surgery so that is why we choose to do it.

I’m sorry you vet won’t treat chickens :hugs It was supposed to be a low risk surgery so that is why we choose to do it.
No such thing is low risk surgery in birds, especially when there's anaesthesia involved. A procedure like, dead tissue removal, clipping feathers, plucking feathers away from a wound, spur trimming, etc. Are low risk, & don't require anaesthesia, since it's external.

Impacted crop surgery doesn't require anaesthesia either, just to add that in.

Yeah, I was gonna get an eye injury looked at. It was just stupid.

Back
Top Bottom