Photos Of Chickens! Show Me Your Chickens! (Also Stories Would Be Great!)

This is Chickadee, she is a wild hen that wandered into my yard with 8 little chicks in May 2020 and never left. Last year, I was going through a really rough time- I was laid off from my job of 13 years (due to the pandemic) and facing a lot of uncertainty. On Mother's Day (May 10, 2020), I heard little peeps coming from outside of my window. I opened my front door to see a little brown hen (Chickadee) with 8 baby chicks waiting for me. She let me feed them and hung around for a few hours. The next day, she stopped by again and continued to visit daily. Her visits were something that I looked forward to each day and eventually she decided to stick around for good and she moved herself into my backyard. I think Chickadee could sense that I needed some rescuing and decided to adopt me. She took me in and included me in her life. She introduced me to each of her different brood of chicks and trusted me to be near her & her little ones 💕 She has brought so much joy into my life and I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through last year without her.

View attachment 2870080
Great story, chickens make excellent therapy animals!:hugs

He is very big!
Thanks. His father is a Large Fowl Silkie, & mother a Large Fowl Brahma.

The father of my F1 cross. LF Silkie rooster.
20211007_150535.jpg
20211007_151048.jpg
20210106_143207.jpg
20210109_142242.jpg
20210109_142250.jpg

Here is a bunch of questions you can answer (about chickens)

#1. When Did You First Get Chickens?

#2. What Breeds Do You Have Currently?

#3. How Many Chickens Do You Have Right Now?

#4. Do You Have A Favourite Breed?

#5. What Was Your Silliest Chicken Ever?

#6. Who Was / Is Your Favourite Chicken?

#7. Do You Have Any Strange Stories About Your Chickens?

Here is a bunch of questions you can answer (about chickens)
Fine! I'll just answer them! 🤪

#1. When Did You First Get Chickens? I've had chickens since I was born, but I got my* first chicken in 2011.
*My own, not Mum's or Dad's.

#2. What Breeds Do You Have Currently? Er... 2 Isa browns, 4 Light Sussex's, 4 Coronation Sussex's, 4 Plymouth Rocks, 4 Silkies, 1 Wyandotte, 1 OEGB, 1 Marans cross, and the rest are cross breeds.

#3. How Many Chickens Do You Have Right Now? I have 32 chickens.

#4. Do You Have A Favourite Breed? Yeah! OEGB.

#5. What Was Your Silliest Chicken Ever? Lilliane... he froze himself and we had to defrost him in front of the fire for 2 days.... Buddy, she attacked our chicken loving dog, he never touched a chicken again! 🤣

#6. Who Was / Is Your Favourite Chicken? Flash! She is the best!

#7. Do You Have Any Strange Stories About Your Chickens? Do I?! Yes I do.... we had a duck who hatched a bunch of chickens, and she would take them on... 'excursions' to the school behind us.

Back
Top Bottom