Photos of Heritage Barred Rocks from Meyer Hatchery?

Disintegration

Songster
Nov 5, 2020
Northwest Arkansas
Does anyone have Heritage Barred Rocks from Meyer Hatchery? I'm thinking of ordering from Meyer just so I can get a Heritage Barred Rock rooster. I'm wanting to show my chickens through my school's FFA and I think it might be worth the extra money to start off with a chicken that better fits the breed standard.

If anyone does have them, could you post photos of what they look like? Do they fit the breed's standard well? Are the roosters friendly? I know each individual chicken has its own personality, but I don't want to take chances if the majority of roosters are extremely mean.

If anyone has had a Heritage Barred Rock win in show, that would be really cool to see too.

We got her as a baby from Meyer hatchery aug 2019. If you search this site for "Samantha the barred rock", you'll find more pics of her.
20201211_172918.jpg
20200207_170807.jpg
20201122_173811.jpg
20201014_122554.jpg

We got her as a baby from Meyer hatchery aug 2019. If you search this site for "Samantha the barred rock", you'll find more pics of her.View attachment 2579024View attachment 2579027View attachment 2579029View attachment 2579030
I started out on Meyer's site looking at their heritage rocks then happened to see their RIRs. If it turns out their reds aren't as spectacular as their px, I may go back to my original quest for heritage rocks. It so so hard to know what you're buying online. Makes it hard to find really good stock.

I used to breed heritage reds. I guess I bragged about them a bit too loudly because someone came along and stole the whole flock one night. So I bought some buff rocks and the local coyote pack made a bedtime snack out of them. That was about 4 years ago. I've got rocks for brains I guess 'cause here I am getting ready to try again.

Your Samantha is really, really nice! Thank you for sharing.

:D

Back
Top Bottom