Photos of the INSIDE of your coops

Queen Bee

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 2, 2012
North Carolina
The ground has been cleared and leveled for my new coop. This one will be different than the one at our old house because it will be larger and I would like for it to be divided into sections!

I know I have seen several pictures of coops with different 'stalls' or areas. I thought, we could use chicken wire to divide them. Since the exterior walls and fencing will be very secure it seems ok to me to use cheaper/lighter weight materials on the dividing walls/fence. SO, if you have pictures please share them.. I know, there must be others who would like to see your set up.. Thank you..QB

I like your ideas, Queen Bee. My coop photos won't provide further ideas for your situation, but to get your thread rolling, I'll start:

This is a coop for just a few chickens. We have 5 girls and a mini-roo. It could fit a couple more small bantams if we wished, comfortably. Everyone has room in the coop in the evenings when they're locked down for nighty-night. Some enjoy the roosting bar, others love the nestboxes. During the day, they free-range in the large, fenced yard.

So, they're only inside here for sleeping at night or egg-laying.

055_zpse5d10006.jpg

052_zps4033f36f.jpg

053_zpsd0bf5ce5.jpg

105_zps72f8785c.jpg

That's cute! Great to be able to free range them all day. I plan on doing the same under watchful eye, we don't have a exterior fence but the coyotes don't come near here as of yet.

Thank you, That's an adorable coop. My neice has one like that. She started with 4 BO and then decided she needed4 RIR. So she had a guy enclose the 'run' part of it and put a roosting boards in there... Then placed it in a 20'x10' chainlink dog run and put a roof over it... She has enough room for 4 more large girls (easy) --when she is ready...

What are the dimentions of the indoor part. I have very similar setup and wondering how many I can fit in the coop I want to add a few more this year.

I like your ideas, Queen Bee. My coop photos won't provide further ideas for your situation, but to get your thread rolling, I'll start:

This is a coop for just a few chickens. We have 5 girls and a mini-roo. It could fit a couple more small bantams if we wished, comfortably. Everyone has room in the coop in the evenings when they're locked down for nighty-night. Some enjoy the roosting bar, others love the nestboxes. During the day, they free-range in the large, fenced yard.

So, they're only inside here for sleeping at night or egg-laying.

055_zpse5d10006.jpg

052_zps4033f36f.jpg

053_zpsd0bf5ce5.jpg

105_zps72f8785c.jpg

What are the dimensions of your coop? Where did you get it? Or did you build it?
These are the dimensions of my coop...

Do you think it could hold four BO and a bantam? We didnt get the coop yet and the chicks are 2 weeks old. The silkie bantam isn't here yet.

Last edited:
Here are my coop's dimensions:

Dimensions:

- Overall Size: 66 1/4" L x 44" D x 40" H (longest / widest / tallest
points)

- Interior of Outdoor Run: 61 1/2" L x 25" D x 39" tall (backyard peak)
x 14" tall under Living Quarters

- Living Quarters Interior: 35 5/8" L x 25" D x 21" - 23" H

- Nesting Box Interior: 34" L x 14 1/2" D x 13" - 14 1/2" H

I had to copy and paste, not sure how readable that is. Sorry! It fits 6 hens comfortably, my only complaint is that the nestbox hinge may need some weatherproof taping for when it rains heavily.

Back
Top Bottom