Piano Players

FourSnyders

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Does anyone out there play piano? Want to share ideas, experiences, songs, etc.? Then come on and start talking!

I have been playing piano for about nine years now and absolutely love it. Come on people and share whatever you want about the piano or your piano playing!

Excited to hear/share more,

The Snyders

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don't play- but it's the one thing I always wanted to learn. I am able to play a variety of other instruments, but piano has always been a dream.

I play - Not as much as I would like because of my schedule. I play keyborad for our Men's Retreats. Fill in for our church's organist when needed. Other than that, I play for fun. Mostly all Contemporary Christian music.

I too fill in at church when needed. I had played pretty much full time for 18 years at our old church. The reason we left was that we were driving 18 miles one way and gas prices were killing us. Now we are 4 miles from church and we love hppoin' in the car and gettin' there in under 10 minutes!
jumpy.gif
:jumpy:jumpy

This new church has a grand piano and I am so intimidated by it. The music is up higher and I find it harder to turn pages. I suppose I will adjust though.My piano at home is a Baldwin Acrosonic, I believe it is one of the finest pianos ever made. Mine is a bit older and I heard they are making them again.
ya.gif
:ya
Yes we do contemporary music, but there is alot of older music spread into the service also. It seems sad that so many churches are throwing out the older stuff -just to be seeker friendly.

Our church also has a grand piano, in fact when I play I end up hidden behind it. We still sing all of the old hymns, we don't even sing any of the contemporary stuff, but I do know practically all of the contemporary songs seeing as I listen to an all Christian/Christian Rock radio station. We only have to drive five minutes to get to our church. At home I have a Melodigrand piano. It is old, it came from my grandparents' home. It still plays nicely, we actually got it tuned again on Saturday, so now it sounds even better.

Last edited:
I have been playing piano for 5 years and I just ADORE it. I play Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Schumann, ......just classical, and I do love it oh so much. I am going to try to start playing the worship songs for my church soon. I'm gonna go to a music camp this summer, and i'm so excited! has anyone heard of Valentina Lisitsa? she is like the best pianist the world has ever seen! she posted a lot of vids on You Tube, if anyone's interested( ha ha, my username is ValentinaLisitsaFan. ha ha.)

Back
Top Bottom