Picked up some more not sure what???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by needtohatch, May 22, 2011.

1. needtohatch

needtohatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Well, I sold 6 pullets yesterday so I went to an auction and brought home 6 new birds so my remaining 90+ would not be lonely [​IMG]
    Well they didn't tell you breeds so I just went with what I liked and what looked good.

#1 I think this pair are bantam Buff Brahmas, but not 100% sure
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 This one seem full grown and did lay an egg same size as the hen in the first set of pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#3 & #4 These two are young but look fully feathered
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#5 Then there is this little guy/gal
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#6 This guy was hatched the end of Feb and is supposed to be a rare breed from McMurray but I can't figure out what he is. He has green leg and a pea comb. I have had some say EE, but he seem to tall and thin compared to my other EEs The pullets in the pics are the same age as he is. He is smaller than the RIR roos that I have also hatched at the same time. He is hard to take pics of he hides behind anything he can and runs when he cant hide
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  2. squeak1387

squeak1387 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    bronson, fl
    I am pretty sure that the last one that is feather footed one is a mille flure ducce (not totaly sure I spelt that right) but they are beautiful birds, if u go back on the site and look at the rare breeds part u should see it. I am positive the first world is mille cause that what my hen that is that breed is called.

3. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    Yes that one is a mille fleur d'Uccle hen. The first yep those are bantam buff Brahmas. The last is indeed an EE roo. Not sure on the others..the Old English hen is gorgeous though.

4. ryanhodapp

ryanhodapp Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    St. Louis
    the partridge color in the first pic is beautiful.

5. needtohatch

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Does anyone know what type of game #2 , #3 &#4 are?
    Thanks

6. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    #1 is a pair of buff brahmas [​IMG]
    #2 is an OEGB X
    #3 and 4 are OEGB X's
    #5 is mille fleur d'uccle
    #6 is an EE roo, i think, but his posture is a bit asian game-like... maybe a malay or EE/Malay X?

7. smallcitychick

smallcitychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Central Washington
    what size are 3 & 4? They have similiar coloring of brown leg horns...but could be OEGB like a previous poster suggested.

8. needtohatch

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Quote:They are smaller than the #2 hen.

9. needtohatch

Feb 27, 2009
    Hart Co
    Quote:I had thought his posture and longer thiner body did not fit for an EE, I have had 5 or 6 EE roos in the last few years and remember them being thicker in the body than this guy. I guess it really does not matter too much since I will most likely end up selling him, but would be nice to know so I can tell whoever buy him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by