Picking up processed chickens today

Happy Helper

Songster
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Sunbury, Ohio
They will be cut up and placed in individual plastic bags. Do I leave them in those bags and put in refrigerator for two days, or do I take them out of the bags and place in cold water first?

Depends. If the processor hasn't frozen them already, go ahead and rest them a couple days. If they're already frozen, they should go in the freezer and be rested after they thaw.

Thanks. I just figured it out after I had posted. Rest chicken now, freeze and then when I thaw the chicken brine it if necessary. This forum has been very helpful for me since I was not aware that the chicken had to rest before freezing.

Thanks. I just figured it out after I had posted. Rest chicken now, freeze and then when I thaw the chicken brine it if necessary. This forum has been very helpful for me since I was not aware that the chicken had to rest before freezing.
From my reading, it seems that it is BETTER to rest them before freezing, but as long as they rest at some point they are ok, so if they flash freeze them at the processor, go ahead and put them in the freezer then just pull them out and thaw them ahead of time to let them rest before cooking.

Back
Top Bottom