pickling quail eggs....??

sniper338

Songster
9 Years
Dec 15, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Ok.. first off.. it heck to peel a boiled quail egg... it just dont work out well... how in the heck do they get the shells off quail eggs to pickle them... all the jars of pickled eggs, the boiled eggs are all still in perfect shape....

right now we are trying just soaking them in vinegar... its working too... i just dont know if this is the best way or how to go about doing it....

I don't know about quail eggs, but chicken eggs peel much better when you boil the water THEN put the eggs into it.

It also helps if your eggs aren't all that fresh, like a week old or so. That gives the membrane a little time to dry out making them easier to peel, imo.
A week old or so, before you boil them, just so no misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Not sure about quail but chicken eggs I boil them and then put them directly in iced water. Works every time.

What recipes of folks use when pickling quail eggs. I've eaten a ton in my life but never pickled them.

The only time I ever had a time peeling the eggs was when I took them out of the ice water and the eggs had time to dry a little... very frustrating. So now I always put the eggs directly into a ice bath after boiling for 10 minutes than I leave them in the ice bath and I start peeling one at a time after the ten minutes keeping the rest of them in the ice bath, seems to work great for me when they are still very wet and cold to peel. I make pickled eggs weekly
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

Dang it, now I'm going to have to pickle some for my wife. She wants some after seeing this thread and a couple others.

Back
Top Bottom