Pics from our garden in May - Eye Candy!

Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous - Where in MS are you, I'm in Woodville, 35 miles south of Natchez. I'd glady pay you to come whip these old gardens into shape. Some have been here 100 years and are so overgrown I can't make any sense out of them. Your garden looks like my dream garden.

I was just posting pretty much the same comment about your vegetable garden!!!
gig.gif
lau.gif

We live near MSU - so Northeast of you by maybe 3 hours? I am not sure to be honest - I see you are at the southwest end of the state - I would think 3 hrs.. and most of what I have would do just fine in your neck of the woods!

I'd love to come and visit your garden sometime!
big_smile.png
A 100 year old garden would be so much FUN to explore!!! In the fall, I'll be dividing lots of plants, and I'd be more than happy to share!!!! And I see from your post that you like learning from gardening books. I am happy to share my flower gardening books as well! *smile*

Your vegetable garden is a real dream! We could learn from each other!
thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the kind words, b.hromada!
smile.png
A garden really is a joy - and I feel most fortunate to have one at this point in my life.

Oh - I just noticed that you live in Pompano Beach!!!! What a beautiful place to live!!!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
The first time I realized Plants Delight was a plant nursery I drove right down their driveway and was greeted by a friendly employee who had to inform me that they weren't open to the public, except certain times of the year. <insert embarrassed smilie here> Oh well, live and learn.
tongue.png

BTW, I just used Google map to check it and I'm only 7.8 miles from them.

HINT -- If you ever make the chocolate drop cookies, it's best to let them cool completely (if you can stand it, I usually can't) before eating them so they have that wonderful fudge consistency to them.
droolin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
oh NO! 7.8 miles?????
th.gif
I have EVERY catalog they have put out since 1994... I am a Tony Avent (owner) devotee !!!! I mean the man calls himself Tony " I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" Avent
gig.gif
gig.gif
The guy is a comedy writer and has an eye for great plants!

Um.. on the cookies and cooling? My mom would have paid good money to find me some patience.. *shaking my head* I have been known to actually burn my tongue on hot cookies fresh from the oven!!! *so proud*

Those are gorgeous, I'm in awe! I envy you your eye for color, texture and composition. I am desperately trying to get my garden to flow nicely, I just can't seem to visualize what it would look like before I plant, so I end up with some low ones in back and vice versa. Oh well, half the fun is in trying right? Awesome job and you can definitely tell your heart is in your garden!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Absolutely - all of the fun is in trying!!!!
clap.gif
I spend a bunch of my time moving plants around!

Thank you for your very kind comments! To tell a gardener that you can see their heart is in their garden is such a wonderful thing to say! Thank you!

I feel like a very different "part" of the brain is active when I am in the garden than when I am at work - same for when I am with my pets... they just bring me a happy kind of peace.. *smile*

Its been so wonderful to hear folks comments -- such a supportive group of folks at BYC - Thanks!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom