Pics from today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 65browneyes, Sep 29, 2008.

1. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    I was down taking a couple pics of my youngest hen today and took these.

Up first is Rhett (who was to be Scarlet until I realized at about 8 weeks she would crow someday! LOL). He's my gorgeous 27 week old RIR roo. He towers over everybody, and really does over my papa roo, Sparky. That's the Spark-o-man behind Rhett.

Rhett is standing right in front of the Sanctuary, which I think is about 28 inches tall in the front, so Rhett's a big boy. Oh, and he loooooooves his ladies! LOL

[​IMG]

Next, for your viewing pleasure is Daisy. The elderly couple I got her from this summer told me she is a Partridge Rock. But, she looks more like a Buff Delaware. Is there such a thing? She's coming out of a molt right now, so she's a bit scruffy looking. I'd love to hear what all of you think about her breeding. Her legs are white, and I think her single comb shows here in the pic.

[​IMG]

2. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Can't help with the girl but nice birds there.

3. HuestisFarm

HuestisFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Fly Creek, NY
    Hansome RIR roo!!

As for the girl - I wish I could be of more help, but I'm certainly not seeing a Partridge Rock... maybe a mix, if any. But I would think of any Rock cross, she would be more apt to be a Red Rock cross.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2008
  4. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Red Rock? Hmm.......first I've heard that. Now I have something else to search for![​IMG] Just don't mention this to my DH, he already thinks I spend far too much time checking out all things chicken! LOL

Seriously, though I did wonder about her being some kind of Orp cross, too.

5. 65browneyes

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    Anybody else have any thoughts on Daisy?

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    body wise.. looks like she may have Cornish in her. but no telling. she may just be really fat [​IMG]

-Daniel

7. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    Rhett is gorgeous.

My RIR rooster, Rose is about 21 weeks old. He is well on his way to be handsome like this guy! wow!

8. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Daisy is not a partridge rock. She kinda looks like a New Hampshire Red, but maybe not.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by