Poor girl laid this today.

lagrange chicks

Songster
Jul 27, 2023
Wisconsin
My 10 month old easter egger has had laying issues since the 1st egg. The 1st 2 were double yolkier and then laid a few shell less eggs, and from there it went to real big eggs. I always knew when she was about to lay or did lay because she would walk funny. She has not laid for a couple months until today and she laid this which I assume is a lash egg. I could tell this morning she was going to lay or did lay because of the way she walked. Well this is what she laid. I culled my cockerel over him trying to kill her last fall, I am starting to think he knew she had problems and did not want her in the flock.
20240208_160705.jpg

Can you cut the thing in two and post a picture of the inside? It may be a lash egg or it could be a weird egg with a tail, but it would be good to see inside to look for a yolk? Can you give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin D tablet today and maybe for the next 3-7 days? Walmart has Equate brand fairly reasonable. Hopefully, she is just experiencing some temporary issues or she could have something more serious.

Last edited:
Can you cut the thing in two and post a picture of the inside? It may be a lash egg or it could be a weird egg with a tail, but it would be good to see inside to look for a yolk? Can you give her a human calcium citrate with vitamin D tablet today and maybe for the next 3-7 days? Walmart has Equate brand fairly reasonable. Hopefully, she is just experiencing some temporary issues or she could have something more serious.
I will see if it is still down by the coop to get a pic.

Back
Top Bottom