Pics of Charlie's huge stump

It might not be helpful, but when I had a sick chicken, she would only eat blueberries in cottage cheese. Another member had a sick chicken at the same time, and hers would only eat blueberries also. Might be worth a try!!

7205_bird_chairsling.jpg

Here is a chair I made my Disabled goose, perhaps Charlie could benefit from one of these until he heals.

7205_sennie_woo_chair.jpg

I have to add wheels LOL, this is one with his dish attached. He can exercise his legs but can't rub his toes raw on the ground.....

Terri............don't give the yogurt at the same time as the antibiotic. Rumor has it that the yogurt can interfere with the antibiotic, when it comes it direct contact with it.
Give it in-between doses of the antibiotics.

THanks for that idea Chickenzoo! I was racking my brain trying to think of something I could do. He is no better this morning...maybe even worse. He dran a little water when I offered him some but doesnt want to open his eyes today--always a bad sign I think. Terrio

Last edited:
Chickenzoo.......you really go the distance for your feathered friends!
It would be neat if you could put that device onto some constantly moving thing (like a motorized track), so he could feel like he was getting around.
I wonder if one could make leg supports with feet on them, and he could learn to walk again??

Terri.........you're doing all you can.
hugs.gif

Oh Come on Charlie !!! Hope the Antibiotics kick in soon.........
fl.gif
I wish i was closer.. I have Baytril in liquid form........

Thanks Country4ever.... if he gets some more movement i am going to make him one with wheels and closer to the ground that he can scoot himself around some.....kind of like a kids walker

Last edited:
Well, Charlie lost is battle today at 3pm. I ad gotten just one dose of the baytril in him and a bit of water. THen I rigged up a dog sweater with his legs out the holes tp ind of hang him up. He wasnt real happy so I took him out and sat him in my lap and ust petted him...in about 15 minites he ust closed his eyes and was gone.
sad.png
I am so sad that he died...but he did seem pretty painful and it is probably better. I just have to think of the extra 3 years he got in his life because I decided to bring him inside and give him that chance....still sad though. Terri O RIP my Charlie

Terry,

I am soooooooo so so so so sorry!!!

RIP Charlie.

Charlie was so very lucky you took him in and loved him and I am really glad you were there with him when he passed.

Thanks for all you did for him.

Take care, thoughts and prayers for you.

Melissa

Back
Top Bottom