Pics of my BLRW's!

Quote:
Yea I'm partial to the splash too! But what a great breed! 1 breed of chicken but such variety you can have! Nice eye-candy!

Those babies are gorgeous and they all look so healthy! They do make an interesting looking chick don't they! Such fun!

They are healthy! And sweet! I put my hand in there to give on a little scratch and it jumped into my hand and nestled in! I hated to have to move. I set it down and put my hand back in and darned if it didn't jump back in!

Quote:
Yea I'm partial to the splash too! But what a great breed! 1 breed of chicken but such variety you can have! Nice eye-candy!

Those babies are gorgeous and they all look so healthy! They do make an interesting looking chick don't they! Such fun!

I might be interested in getting some hatching eggs from you in the Springtime, to hopefully add a few splash babies to my own flock!

smile.png

Oh my gosh... Rustyswoman, I blame you! Lol! I'm hooked. If you are selling in the Spring, I may add my name to your list if possible... I need to make room for this!! I love this breed and color so far! RAREROO and Katy are on my list too... I hope I can do this!

Such absolutely beautiful birds....they almost don't look real. Like one of those fairy tale type paintings of chickens. They seem to know how perfectly marked they are as well with that aloof glance toward the camera as if to say "Is this actually necessary? Do you mind!"

You may have to ship that splash roo to me, he has great wyandotte type...and his head is very nice..short beak. I love that rooster...is he from my birds or Jess's? He looks like a splash roo I used last year...but I could be wrong.

Jerry Foley

"Squirrels!!!
smile.png
smile.png
" I love their squirrel markings;) Beautiful birds, I only have three hens with standard combs. The two roos I raised had their legs go out on them for awhile but I did physically therapy and made them exercise to get their food and water so they got their legs back and they ended up humongous then I was afraid to use them (Splash) in case the chicks they created would have issues w/legs, too. In desperation, I got one young hen out of the three from an Ee roo and this Fall got a smaller roo out of a GLW hen crossed with a banty roo...to hold me over til "someday" comes along...

Last edited:
He is gorgeous isn't he! I love that rooster too and great disposition to boot! I tell ya I think I got really lucky in the birds I ended up with I am soo pleased! He is one of Jesse's. I'll be crossing your lines this spring when I set up breeding pens and I'm really hoping for good things! I'll probably be consulting you guys from time to time! I always credit you and Jesse and I just feel so honored that I am lucky enough to benefit from your years of hard work! (I feel almost guilty at times) You really produced some beautiful birds and I just hope I can carry it on too and do them justice! Thank You!
Jane

Quote:
I had a blr roo like that. I called him Cap'n Jack my drunken sailor! I just loved that bird! He was turning into a real beauty and then one day just started stumbling and walking funny. Massive doses of vitamins brought him out of it quite easily and I always suspected he maybe just grew too fast. Every nite when it was time to go in to roost he would come find me and I would put him up on the roost with the other birds. Even if I wasn't outside he'd wait til I came out and tear accross the lawn to come to me so I could put him to bed. One weekend I was out of town last summer and I told my neighbor to be sure and put him up on the roost at nite. Well I got home and was informed that he could make it up onto the roost just fine all by himself!! That nite he came running up to me again and I put him up on his roost! Anybody else ever been played by a bird?

He is the one cull that I sorely regret! I miss that bird!!

Back
Top Bottom