1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Pics of my FFA Market Hogs!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Jeeper1540, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

Over the summer we are raising market hogs, and selling them at the FFA Auction in August. Ive never posted in the "other livestock" part of BYC, So I thought I might as well! Hope y'all enjoy the pics!!

April 30th
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

May 28th
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Aww they are so cute. What are market hogs? Is that a breed? Sorry I don't know anything about pigs!

3. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    They look nice. Where is the FFA fair? I know we are doing the 4-H youth fair in Winnimucca [sp] August 18th-21 but I never know what you FFA kids are doing.

4. Jeeper1540

Quote:Market Hogs are hogs that go to market. Which means I sell them, then they go to be butchered and turned to bacon! [​IMG]

Quote:We have the auction (i think) a week before the Elko County Fair at the Elko Fairgrounds.

5. Shannon33

Shannon33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2010
    Eastern Shore, VA
    Quote:Market Hogs are hogs that go to market. Which means I sell them, then they go to be butchered and turned to bacon! [​IMG]

Ahhh guess that should have been obvious, but it's late! Well then, cute AND delicious [​IMG]

6. Jeeper1540

Ahhh guess that should have been obvious, but it's late! Well then, cute AND delicious [​IMG]

I sure hope so! [​IMG]

7. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
  8. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Cute and tasty! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by