Pics of my yearling mules

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I gave them their first bath today, they did great with the bath, they are currently learning to stand tied and spent the majority of the day tied up.

This is our boy Joker, (I have no idea what is up with the trail of belly hair that has never shed, they both have it)
023.jpg

And this is our girl, Canya, (looks like I may have to invest in some whitening shampoo),
027-3.jpg

She was still alittle wet in this pic, after I rehosed her down. I made the mistake of leaving her tied where I'd washed her, she pawed a mud hole, she had mud up over her legs, belly, even her face and eyes! So hosed her down and moved her.

It wasn't the most thorough baths, I just wanted to get that first one out of the way, not that it fazed them any!

Anyway, it's been forever since I've taken pics of them and just wanted to share!

Oh what good manners they have. My 2 yr old donkeys would probably kill me if I tried to bathe them!
tongue.png

And then when it was done, they'd just go take a "real" bath in the sand.
hmm.png

Wow - those are really nice tails for yearlings! I've got a 3-year old mare that's tail is just now that same length! Pretty!

I was admiring your pictures again today.

I couldn't help but notice what looks to be a mini miniature on the other side of the corral in the first picture. If it is, wow, that's small.
wink.png

-Kim

That is my chinese crested in the 1st pic!

They do have nice tails, I'd never really thought about it before, but they are nice and long! I was suprised at how well they took the bath, neither seem to care at all, just stood and let me do it, I even washed around Canya's head after she muddied herself up! They're fairly well manner, but we're still working on somethings. Joker needs to be gelded, and both can be alittle pushy at times.

I also put my pony saddle on them for the first time last week and again they acted like it was something we do everyday! (just a note for anyone thinking it, I do NOT ride them this early, they won't be rode until atleast 2, possibly older!, the saddle is small and light weight and it gets them use to the feel, so they take it better later on).

Over all they're pretty good! And it's been a fun experience (first mules I've raised)!

Back
Top Bottom