Here are a couple pistures of the feedstore hens

This looks like a plain-ole IB, right?

But what about these?

-Kathy

Here are a couple pistures of the feedstore hens

This looks like a plain-ole IB, right?

But what about these?

-Kathy

Now, I'm not the best at this & still learning, but to me, the 1st one looks like a normal and the rest look like Spaldings. Unless I'm missing something.

@AnimalsRmyLife , I'm also learning... but that's how it looks to me, too. All of the boys were too far away and/or had their backs to be, so couldn't get any pictures of them.

-Kathy

@AnimalsRmyLife , I'm also learning... but that's how it looks to me, too. All of the boys were too far away and/or had their backs to be, so couldn't get any pictures of them.

-Kathy

Aww, well, you can get them next time. When they're more cooperating!
smile.png

Your adult pair look like pure India Blues although I can't say genetics wise, just that they look pure since both of them have fanned out crests and normal looking colors.

I see now why I thought Thor's neck feathers were weird. Thor probably does have some spalding because I can see that the feather tips are slightly pointed on the neck and there is a faint darker portion near the base similar to what green peafowl have such as in this photo where the feathers are green but transition into that dark blue.

Calypso is very dark. She is definitely a spalding.

I'm pretty sure my adult pair is pure IB. I can't wait for Jadea to lay she's digging in an area but that could be for dust baths and nothing else. Next year I will have to turn the older pair free range because Colbolt's train will be to big for the coop. I'm sure Colbolt and Jadea will be glad to be free range birds. First I want some chicks from and them or IB chicks before I let them go that way I know I will have some IB chicks that will stick around for sure. Calypso no doubt about it she is a Spalding. Thor I think is a Spalding just doesn't have as much green blood as Calypso.

Back
Top Bottom