Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Rocky observing me in the hot Texas sun; Meanwhile, Tweety is photobombing.😅
028147BE-1427-440B-A106-FBF58337E598.jpeg

Also, congrats!🎉🎉
@Gammas Bearded Babies

Goliath's parents Big Papa Doris and Lil' Beth
View attachment 3150357
Doris needs his spurs trimmed, and his beak is chipped, but he is still a nice looking rooster.
I have a little bantam rooster who's spurs were rediculously long when I got him. He also had scaley mites, so I treated his legs with bag balm.. lo and behold his spurs fell of on their own after about a week.. no trimming, no hot potato trick, nothing. Just the petroleum from bag balm did it.

I have a little bantam rooster who's spurs were rediculously long when I got him. He also had scaley mites, so I treated his legs with bag balm.. lo and behold his spurs fell of on their own after about a week.. no trimming, no hot potato trick, nothing. Just the petroleum from bag balm did it.
I usually use an electric grinder on his. I've blunted them recently, but haven't had time to really grind them off. He's a good guy, and lets me do it. But because he is so big, my daughter usually grinds while I hold him.

I've used bag balm for scaley leg mites. It works great, but I've never had spurs fall off.
I'm guessing the rooster was in bad shape? He's lucky that you took him in.

Back
Top Bottom