Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

I swear, he was just like a toddler when they try to stay awake but can't!

*eyes close and head starts to droop*
*sudden eyes open and head up*
*eyes close and head droops again*
I swear, he was just like a toddler when they try to stay awake but can't!

*eyes close and head starts to droop*
*sudden eyes open and head up*
*eyes close and head droops again*
It's a nice picture but it is a sign of heat exhaustion in chickens as well as humans.

She has lots of space, but won't leave the upper deck of her coop with the ramp. I received a suggestion to turn that coop around so she can see the others. Loneliness may be exactly the problem. TY
I'm working on the Look see you mentioned. All 3 pullets came to her coop to look and sniff ari

It's a nice picture but it is a sign of heat exhaustion in chickens as well as humans.
I did keep an eye on him and he was fine just a few moments after. They have tons of water and shade, and honestly the first thing I checked was his overall condition. Comb nice and red, eyes bright and alert (when not closed). This morning he was just as active as always.

There's nothing in her coop to play with. She won't even leave the upper deck area that's up high with a ramp. I've placed food in the far end of the coop to get her moving around but nothing. Great suggestion on leaves or grass clippings. I have perfect clean giant leaves from my neighbors' avocado tree. Putting them in there now..... She can't see the other birds yet.... I'll move her around today. Giant thank you.
Might want to check if avocado leaves are safe. I know the fruits dangerous for chickens but no idea on the leaves.

Cornealius and Millie taking a stroll together ❤️

Attachments

• ABA65B5D-C103-4DA7-A5E3-8F050891DFC2.jpeg
    ABA65B5D-C103-4DA7-A5E3-8F050891DFC2.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom